What is CRP Protein
CRP (C-reactive protein) and hsCRP (high sensitivity CRP)
The protein CRP (C-reactive protein) is involved in the elimination of pathogens and also diseased body cells. In acute inflammation, its production increases within 6–12 hours and falls again within 24 hours after it has subsided. Methods that are specially designed to measure low CRP concentrations are called hsCRP (high sensitivity CRP) designated.
Normal range (blood)
<8.2 mg / l
- Diagnosis, progress and therapy monitoring, especially bacterial infections
- Suspected other inflammation or tissue damage, e.g. B. Autoimmune Diseases.
hsCRP: Risk assessment of arteriosclerotic diseases such as B. Heart attack
Causes of elevated values:
- Infections, v. a. bacterial infections, although no reliable distinction between bacterial and viral causes is possible
- Non-infectious inflammation, e.g. B. rheumatic and other autoimmune diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis
- Acute coronary syndrome or myocardial infarction
- Malignant tumors.
The CRP is less prone to malfunction and reacts faster than the previously comparable blood sedimentation rate (ESR). That is why it applies to many questions, especially the Assessment of the course replaced by infections.
A CRP in the upper normal range or a slightly elevated CRP is associated with arteriosclerotic vascular changes and is considered a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, although many questions are still open. Opinions about the benefit of hsCRP determination - for example as an IGeL service as part of an arteriosclerosis check - are currently still divided. In any case, such an examination is only useful if you are completely well, as even slight infections can increase the CRP. In patients with unstable angina pectoris or myocardial infarction, a “highly normal” CRP indicates a poorer prognosis.
AuthorsDr. med. Arne Schäffler, Dr. med. Ingrid Wess in: Gesundheit heute, edited by Dr. med. Arne Schäffler. Trias, Stuttgart, 3rd edition (2014). | last changed on at 11:16
- How do you start a team meeting
- Are mumps painful
- What are the predators of baby crocodiles
- Pokemon Franchise Why Arcanine Is Legends
- It's hard to live honestly
- Which banks are technology oriented?
- Bunnies have whiskers
- Which phones get hot
- Who takes the contract from Pune Metro
- If x x 12 what is x
- How do I send mail to Canada
- An equally paid company would work
- How long has Family Guy been around?
- Why is democracy the prerequisite for prosperity
- Where is the wind strongest in a fan
- How much is your computer worth
- What is a UV protective screen
- What is the IUPAC name of CH3COCH2CH2COOH
- Affects the ketogenic diet migraines
- What is the best GATE score
- What is the difference between Alevi and Bektashi
- What are the popular Hollywood movies
- What are the best import tax hacks
- Apple is recruiting civil engineers