Sold IBM Lotus Notes
IBM sells Notes, Domino, Sametime, Connections, Portal and other products
Last year, IBM announced a partnership with the Indian service provider HCL. HCL took over development, maintenance and support for Notes, Domino and Sametime, as before for other IBM software products. Sales and marketing stayed with IBM. heise online reported "IBM is pushing Notes, Domino and Sametime" and was severely scolded by IBM for this. Nobody intends to deport the products. Now, however, IBM is nailing it and selling everything that was left of Lotus to HCL Technologies.
HCL has already proven this year with the Domino V10 release that they want to get the old warhorse moving again. Domino V11 should come next year. HCL also sees a future for Connections, after IBM has saved a lot in recent years. Saving costs was the name of the game, development was severely curtailed. Where IBM laid off developers, HCL is now hiring.
IBM gets $ 1.8 billion
In addition to the Lotus portfolio, HCL also buys IBM Portal, which powers the Lufthansa website, Appscan, a product for secure software development, the device management software BigFix, the marketing software Unica, and IBM Commerce. With two exceptions, HCL already has existing partnerships: Connections and Commerce.
The purchase of IBM is expected to bring in 1.8 billion dollars. HCL investors were not enthusiastic. The purchase price seems too high for an additional sales volume of around 650 million. After the planned transaction was announced, the share price fell by 7.7 percent. After the necessary approval by the regulatory authorities, the deal is expected to close in mid-2019. With that, IBM's ICS collaboration division will be completed. What is still on board, such as the Slack competitor Watson Workspace, which has been developed in recent years, can be confidently written off. It is unclear whether IBM will remain a Notes customer at HCL. Rumor has it that an Exchange pilot is already running. (vowe)Read comments (192) Go to the homepage
- How do we see stars that move
- How often are courses offered by MongoDB University
- How much is 300 bitcoins
- What is the concept of a system
- What are volatile fluid gel reservoirs
- What does it mean?
- Supports DL4J Java 10
- What are some good Catholic hymns
- How do I calculate mortgage insurance
- How are psychopaths such good watchers
- Which scale is better between CGPA and CPI
- Sotheby's only sells high-end homes
- How do you just travel to Europe
- Why are Kindle e-readers so expensive
- Can violent juvenile gang members be rehabilitated
- How is Donald Trump personally
- What is your favorite film right now?
- What are bills
- How is Infosys limited
- What is transformation planning
- What is 16 6 7 5
- Did Queen Semiramis ever exist
- Why was the 2013 fleet week canceled?
- Has Facebook's chat chat logs