Has there ever been a paradise on earth
In the early Middle Ages and the High Middle Ages there was a deep piety that determined everyone's everyday life. People knew that biblical paradise, the Garden of Eden, was lost to original sin. But they longed for a place of peace, health, without death and suffering. Those who had led a sin-free life could hope to get to paradise after death or at the latest after the Last Judgment. The gardens laid out in the monasteries should be a reflection of this paradise on earth and remind people of the biblical promise.
The people found the direct model for garden design in the first book of Moses. The paradise garden is described in Genesis as an enclosed, peaceful area. There is a mighty spring of water and many trees in the garden. This idea becomes the ideal of a garden on earth. It should reflect the supernatural in the worldly.
“Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there put the man he had formed. The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the soil, tempting to look at and with delicious fruits, but in the middle of the garden the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. A river springs in Eden to water the garden; there it divides and becomes four main rivers. […] The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to cultivate and guard it ”(Gen. 2, 8-15).
- How effective are surface-to-air missiles
- Which software handles client communication and collaboration
- Who invented the POST IT paper?
- What's the best WP Builder theme
- What is the worst hotel in Marrakech
- What is an integer
- What are the five ultimate questions about the icebreaker
- What is regression used for?
- Is Ola safer than Uber
- Are you a psychotherapist
- Is Don Lemon a good journalist
- Is there a sports academy
- You are allowed to eat Jain's sprouts
- What is the function of tragedy
- Are genes and alleles the same
- Supports the Vivo Y19 PUBG
- What is Virtual DJ Pro
- How can I avoid overfitting
- If germs enter through cuts
- How do you survive in the forest
- What is unique about your culture
- Kindle Paperwhite is too small
- What are you really scared of?
- What is a good underground dubstep