There was another attack in Paris
He "couldn't stand" the Mohammed cartoons : Suspect admits knife attack in Paris
After the attack in front of the former offices of the French satirical newspaper "Charlie Hebdo" in Paris, the police arrested two other suspects on Saturday. According to information from legal circles, it is a brother and an acquaintance of the main suspect. A total of nine suspects are now in custody. The investigators now assume, however, that the alleged attacker committed the act alone.
The main suspect had previously confessed to the crime. The man arrested after the attack was taking "responsibility for his act," said investigators on Saturday.
As a motive he named the republication of controversial Mohammed caricatures by "Charlie Hebdo", which he "could not stand".
In front of the former headquarters of the "Charlie Hebdo" editorial office, an attacker attacked two journalists from an agency with a cleaver on Friday and seriously injured them. A short time later, the main suspect was arrested near the crime scene. According to his own statements, he is 18 years old and comes from Pakistan.
In addition to the main suspect, six other men were in police custody on Saturday morning. An Algerian who was initially arrested was released that night because, according to the investigation, he had nothing to do with the attack.
France's Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin classified the act as an Islamist terrorist act on Friday evening. The terror network Al-Qaeda had previously threatened an attack because of the republication of controversial Mohammed cartoons by "Charlie Hebdo".
[If you want to have all the latest news live on your mobile phone, we recommend our completely redesigned app, which you can download here for Apple and Android devices.]
The two injured had left the operating room on Friday evening and were now in two different hospitals, said one of the bosses of the production company, Luc Hermann, the broadcaster Franceinfo.
“You were badly injured in the face. The attack was incredibly violent, ”said Hermann. “There was a real willingness to kill.” Hermann criticized the fact that the building was not protected in January 2015 during the trial against alleged helpers of the terror series, which had been ongoing since the beginning of September.
The trial of alleged helpers of the terror series in January 2015 has been going on in Paris since the beginning of December. At that time a total of 17 people were killed over several days - it all began with a murderous attack on the editorial team of “Charlie Hebdo. She then moved to a secret location. (AFP, dpa)
- Which Hamlet monologue is the most important
- What are the challenges to be innovative
- What is an RTD Resistance Temperature Detector
- Make Gaense good pets outdoors
- City dwellers go camping
- Which boat charter company to use
- What is the correct syntax
- Which word is used instead of abysmal?
- Become toxic to SJWs on the internet
- How should algorithms be investigated
- What do test engineers do
- How was your Tinder experience in Jaipur
- Accepts USPS PayPal
- Is carpeting in the bedrooms on the second floor out of date
- What can Buddhism learn from Christianity
- Who were several pioneering photographers
- What are DDIS and VVT
- Who is smarter Goku or Saitama
- How common is a monkey mind
- What is the distillation of water
- What are university buildings that they are usually named after
- What is Facebook Messenger Marketing
- Why does Fe2S3 not exist
- Is god dead How do you know that