Firewalls slow down the internet
Here's what to do if your internet is too slow
By Madlen Schäfer | June 06, 2019, 3:24 pm
Is your internet connection too slow? TECHBOOK gives you a few tips to get your WiFi back up to speed.
Do you need a lot of patience when surfing the Internet? Your download takes forever and your favorite series can only be streamed in slow motion? Then it is high time you breathe speed back into your internet. With these tips it is guaranteed to work!
To find out whether your Internet is actually too slow, you can do a very simple test: You can measure how fast your Internet really is on a website run by the Federal Network Agency. If the result is well below your expectations, you should take action!
What else can you use an old router for?
If too many cookies have accumulated, these can become a real brake on the speed. You should therefore ensure that you delete your cookies regularly. You can find out how you can do this here.
For the perfect speed it is crucial that you always keep the drivers of your network or WLAN card up to date. If these are out of date, this can have a negative impact on the Internet speed. You can perform driver updates via Windows Update. If there are newer versions of the device drivers, you should install these updates.
Also interesting: in which countries the internet is fastest
Someone is using your internet
Make sure you protect your router with a password. Otherwise it can happen that your neighbors see this as an invitation to surf your WLAN. Even if that cultivates the neighborly relationship - it paralyzes your speed! The result: you surf significantly slower. You should therefore consider your willingness to help.
Restart the router
It's THE insider tip for all cases: If the Internet does not work properly again, it could be due to the router. It is therefore advisable to switch it off and restart it. If you want to be absolutely sure, it is best to briefly disconnect the router from the power supply.
Check antivirus and firewall
Even those who are supposed to protect us can slow down our internet speed. You should therefore check the settings in your antivirus program or your firewall.
The wrong choice of router location can also slow down your Internet. If it is too far down or very far away, it affects the reception to the device. In order to be on the Internet faster again, you should set up your router centrally and a little higher in the apartment - then it transmits correctly again between your router and device. You can find more tips on correct router space in this article.
If all these measures do not make your Internet faster, the best thing to do is to contact your provider.
- What happens after fallout
- How can I own my professional development
- How is chakra related to meditation
- Money is bigger than love
- What use is iodine
- Fight MMA ethically
- When will I find my girl
- Why Criminals Enter Politics In India
- What is the Russian word for decrease?
- How would space travel affect our economy?
- Which methods for reducing the dimensionality would you recommend
- Can someone kill Lord Vishnu?
- What is the integration of 1 1 sinx
- How do you align a text vertically?
- How can I learn better coping mechanisms
- What was your first successful sideline
- What elements are ceramic magnets made of
- Yahoo hires people these days
- What is 4G LTE VoLTE
- What are biocomputers and their applications
- What is the equation of traveling wave
- How to make homemade jam
- How does the consumption of ants affect human eyesight?
- Canada recognizes Bachelor degrees from Chile