What is a daemon
A demon is an evil spirit, a supernatural being. Anyone who believes in demons thinks that they do bad things or at least scare people. The word comes from the Greek. In fact, the Greeks didn't necessarily think of a spirit that was evil. But the Christians imagined demons to be the devil and the kingdom of evil.
Baal, for example, was a god of weather and fertility. The people of the land of Canaan worshiped him. Canaan is roughly where Syria is today. That was hundreds of years before Christ. Yet Christians believed that there was only one God and that was their own. All other gods were just demons in the eyes of Christians.
Today we often speak of a demon when we don't actually mean a ghost. If someone is allegedly being persecuted by demons, then they really mean to say that they are being tormented by evil people. Or you think of the fears someone has.
There are also more search results for "Demon" from Blind Cow and Ask Finn.
- Where do people run in Harare Zimbabwe
- What is the theory of CPh4
- What is Monocot and Dicot Plants
- What is 2 2 2 2 37
- What's the worst font style ever
- Are lemon seeds digestible
- What are the mistakes young entrepreneurs make
- What is sambo
- How do I calculate a buffer value
- What color is a Chamaeleon actually
- What are LinkedIn's strategic goals
- Matt Cullen has officially retired
- Which is the best spa in Dubai
- Is this a resend scam
- Which is the best Bollywood movie ever
- How are Obamacare subsidies paid
- How is Insideview different from Unomy
- Who reads another language
- Explain the latest updates for the working day
- Why we don't eat other people
- Replaces JS Web Stack AJAX
- What's the scariest movie you've ever seen
- How do you measure your social impact
- Why is Charles Xavier paralyzed?