What makes a hydrocarbon in alcohol
Fascination with chemistry
For example, by fermenting sugar-containing agricultural products such as grapes, fruit, beets and grain. The fermentation itself is done by yeast, which feed on sugar and produce alcohols as a metabolic product. This process is also the basis for the production of bioethanol. It is currently a major challenge for the chemical industry to find efficient ways to produce bioethanol. You don't want to get this from food such as corn, but from cellulose, since cellulose is not used for nutrition. In addition to fermentation, there are also technical processes based on petroleum to produce alcohols.
Most alcohols are good solvents. Because the “R” of the hydrocarbons dissolves a multitude of organic substances according to the motto “like in like”. The hydroxyl group [-OH], on the other hand, ensures that alcohols also dissolve in water - thank God! Otherwise we could only drink 100% schnapps - we would be withheld from 12% wine (alcohol in water). Taxes have to be paid on the drinkable alcohol, ethanol. Untaxed ethanol for technical purposes is denatured to prevent abuse. This means that substances are added to it so that you can no longer drink it.
And what else do you need all these and even more exotic alcohols for?
Alcohols play an important role in chemistry. They are used for smells and flavors in the food and perfume industry. Geraniol, for example, is an oil that has a pleasant scent of roses. Alcohols also serve as solvents for paints and varnishes or for fragrances in perfumes or active ingredients in liquid medicines. Oxidation of alcohols can form carboxylic acids, e.g. from ethanol acetic acid CH3COOH. So the wine, too, becomes sour from long standing due to oxidation with oxygen from the air, it wants to be drunk, as it is called in the Hermann Löns song.
- How many bullets were used in sniper training?
- How we can rebuild Odisha after Fani
- What are some examples of fire hazards
- Is high frequency trading essentially computerized scalping
- Why do people believe in monogamy
- Which is the best boutique in Chennai
- What is the collector security government provided
- How do people live without smoking
- Colleen Farrelly is a self-taught mathematician
- What is the need for SCORM conformity
- What is the purpose of the beam bridge
- What kind of hairbrush do we use
- Is the organizational change problematic for the employees
- Which tree has no flowers and seeds
- What inspired you to start your website
- Think of yourself as gay or bi
- Why was Paul of Tarsus never married?
- Is it possible to change my IQ?
- What does te amo mi vida mean
- How many days antibiotics are recommended
- Why shouldn't we allow polygamy?
- What's your name in Tamil
- What websites have feeds
- Gabon is a 3rd world country