Why can some people not gain weight?
Why some can eat anything without getting fat
It's a bit unfair: some people eat what and how much they want and still maintain their weight. Researchers now want to have found out why this is.
Apparently, the key to eating-without-gaining weight is human body fat. Lean people usually have more brown fat and can activate it better than others. This was the result of a study by the Technical University (TU) in Munich, which has now been published in the "Journal of Nuclear Medicine".
There is brown and white fat in the body
There are two different types of adipose tissue in the human body: brown and white. White fat stores excess energy and is therefore considered to be responsible for obesity. In comparison, the brown fat is an energy eater, it increases the calorie consumption.
The scientists at the Technical University of Munich have found that the proportion of brown fat in humans is three times greater than was previously known. The activity of this fat also seems to be more active in women than in men. It is also more active in younger people than in older people and more active in lean people than in people who are overweight.
Melt away excess pounds with active brown fat
However, the researchers do not yet know why some people have particularly active brown fat. According to their findings, however, this could be related to a factor called creatinine clearance, which is related to kidney function. According to Dr. Tobias Fromme from the Else Kröner Fresenius Center at the Technical University of Munich, there could be signal substances that act on brown fat and at the same time on the kidneys.
For the study, the scientists evaluated around 3,000 positron emission tomography scans from more than 1,600 patients. These scans are used in cancer medicine.
The research results could in the future help to shed excess pounds in obese patients. They could also be useful for diabetics: a drug could stimulate the activity of brown fat and thus reduce the excess sugar content in the blood.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Undercover narcissists are often sad and depressed
- What do you want to explore
- Higher elevations can increase your dopamine
- Are there natural hot springs in Georgia?
- Why is Taemin a member of SuperM
- What does index mean in Python 3
- What is the film The Irishman about
- Why do teachers get you to write essays
- How do certain entrepreneurs get famous
- STUDY ABROAD STASTICAL with JAGDEEP
- What is a Grammy
- Is college important in YOU
- What you think is interesting
- Why can't I resist loving Shahrukh Khan?
- What is an airfoil
- Can i get hepatitis C.
- How are the beaches in Albufeira
- What are some graphic novels about war
- How is President Trump pragmatic?
- Why didn't Kadima join the Netanyahus coalition?
- How is Byjus learning material
- Was Jesus Christ a terrorist
- Email is expiring
- Who is the strongest Sanin
- SugarSync com is free
- Why does facial recognition technology violate privacy?
- Why are Acer laptops considered bad
- What is the best GATE score
- USMC helicopters ever carry gunpods today
- Original is always brilliant
- Which courses does the NLU offer
- Do you feel hair growth
- How much does a GTR cost in Australia