What's the best 80s show
2002 (RTL). Retro show with Oliver Geissen.
Prominent guests use old TV clips, utensils such as magic cubes or sweatbands and personal stories to remember topics, fashion and stars of the 80s. In between, video collages with hits from the 80s are shown. Celebrities who sing and comment on their favorite hits from back then have been cut into the original excerpts. This style was copied in shows on almost all broadcasters in the years that followed.
Ten episodes ran on Saturdays at 9:15 p.m., each dealing chronologically with one year of the decade. The success was overwhelming. Around six million viewers watched regularly, in the young (“advertising-relevant”) target group of 14 to 49 year olds even more than the previous quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?. Since this had started three years earlier, no other regular show had been able to surpass their ratings in this area. Actually it was The 80s show For an hour, but after the high market shares of the first few weeks, Geissen was allowed to overtake it by about a quarter of an hour - although the show was recorded beforehand.
Two weeks after the actually last show, a best-of-special ran at prime time in June 2002, and although the concept of assigning a year to each edition of the show would not have allowed a continuation (the 80s were only ten years long), the show ran November and December four new episodes. A few weeks earlier, the show had been awarded the German Television Prize as the best entertainment program of the year and Oliver Geissen for the best entertainment presenter. In February 2003 RTL showed another “Best of”.
Günther Jauch was the producer. The show sparked a boom in retro shows on almost all channels; Jauch also produced the most successful ones for RTL according to the same pattern: The 70s show, The GDR show.
- Which fruits contain bromelain and papain
- Why was Maggi restarted
- Dislike someone counts as negative thoughts
- Know your genetic heritage
- If the cation of Mg2 + has the configuration 1s2
- How can I get a free grocery voucher
- Is god dead How do you know that
- Should I switch from tcs
- What is peak pressure in the mechanical ventilator
- Can post-graduate psychologists prescribe medication?
- Should we encourage girls to try math
- What does radiation do
- Support Ted Cruz for free trade
- How am I a good engineer
- Dear boys, immature childlike girls
- How can you create an invitation email
- When should I request an early decision?
- What does the dollar want from the Indian rupee
- What are anastomosis of the arteries
- Work experience changes a person's life
- Are AP students getting enough sleep?
- Are there black fans of The Wire
- Makes Gibson guitar pedals
- Where can I invest pocket money
- Which nut is good for the heart
- What is perceptual consistency
- I can blog about health and medication
- Design engineering topics
- Did Mark Zuckerberg betray Divya Narendra
- Who discovered the periodic table in chemistry
- What alternative e-ink technologies are there?
- What do you think of TikTok 1
- Why are the antennas placed in towers
- How do you define a product