Why does research cost so much money
The budget of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
On November 29, 2019, the German Bundestag approved the 2020 budget. The budget of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is around 18.3 billion euros. This sets the following new priorities in education, research and science:
- Significant performance improvements for students and trainees through the amendments to the BAföG and the AFBG.
- For the all-day school / all-day care program, 500 million euros are budgeted for the BMBF in 2020.
- An additional 140 million euros have been earmarked for the “National Decade Against Cancer”, spread over the years 2020 to 2023.
- For research projects as part of the Commission's immediate program for growth, structural change and employment, an additional 41 million euros will be made available in the BMBF's budget for 2020.
- The BMBF will receive more than 60 million euros from the funds for artificial intelligence in 2020 alone.
The BMBF remains a reliable partner for research: With the Pact for Research and Innovation, institutional funding for science and research organizations is increased by three percent annually; an increase that the federal government alone takes on in the current pact. In total, more than 6.7 billion euros will be invested in institutional research funding in 2020. This year the federal and state governments also adopted the Pact for Research and Innovation IV, which gives research institutions planning security until 2030.
The BMBF is making a decisive contribution to the shaping of digital change by the federal government by, for example, strengthening research and technology development in the context of innovation funding, in particular of microelectronics, artificial intelligence, high performance computing and IT security. The establishment of an interdisciplinary center for digital method development in systems research is also being financed jointly with Poland.
The funds for research funding in the federal government's new high-tech strategy will also be increased; funding for research into sustainability, climate and energy will rise to around 495 million euros, seven percent more than in the previous year.
In order to prevent schools from missing out on the digital age, the BMBF has offered the federal states a DigitalPakt Schule. The federal government will provide five billion euros for this.
- Which fruit contains thousands of tiny seeds
- What is the greatest wealth of India
- What is ClassPass
- Should I replace my hard drive soon?
- Mariachi music is most common in Mexico
- What gives food taste
- Is an internship helpful for studying abroad?
- Why are you celebrating muharram
- Hourly wages are negotiable
- Which is the best alternative band of the 2000s
- What do toddlers dream of
- What are the challenges to be innovative
- How does alprazolam compare to Xanax
- Where does Pandora get their songs from
- Giant day geckos are good beginner pets
- What is california how much does it cost
- Why is Sonarika Bhadoria famous
- What do Mexican Americans think of Trump?
- Do you ever ghost your friends?
- What makes a portrait beautiful
- How does dating work in China
- Is Amazon non-profit
- What is the function of the nasal septum
- Can war be waged in peace?
- Why did the shoguns end in Japan
- What is int x new int n
- What company did RoboCop do
- Which is the best adventurous sport
- Why is silver bromide used
- Are Bernie Sanders' policies immoral
- Is Chile an oil-rich country
- How relaxed knitting
- Who is present President of India
- In which language was OpenCV originally written