Will AI eventually displace human creativity
Is AI crowding out human work?
Jana Suton Press office
Institute for Industrial Information Technology (inIT)
inIT scientist gives the all-clear
Artificial intelligence (AI) is increasingly changing the way we work. It supports people in their activities and has become an indispensable part of many industries. But will it eventually completely replace humans?
The inIT scientist Christoph-Alexander Holst answered this question in his lecture as part of the topic day AI in the working world of the IndustrialPioneersOWL. Right at the beginning, he reported on his doubts as to whether he had formulated his lecture, entitled “AI displaces human work”, too pointedly. A look at the press from previous years gave him the all-clear. Headlines such as “When robots take over our jobs” (ZDF) and “What will make us unique in the future?” (DIE ZEIT No. 14/2018) show how much people really deal with this topic.
But what actually is AI? According to the definition, AI is a branch of computer science that deals with research into the mechanisms of intelligent human behavior. “You can see Artificial Intelligence as a reproduction of human intelligence and human behavior,” continues Holst. Current applications can only be assigned to the weak AI. Weak AI is no longer about imitating human thought processes, but rather developing targeted algorithms that solve specific - specifically defined - problems. The biggest driver of weak AI methods is clearly machine learning.
But back to the original question: will AI replace humans? The strengths of machines are primarily in the areas of cognitive work, pattern recognition in multidimensional areas, process optimization and 24/7 monitoring. Besides, they don't get tired. Humans, on the other hand, are characterized by their creativity and empathy. He can evaluate, decide, draw conclusions and react to the unpredictable. “All of this makes people special and these are decisive properties that cannot be replaced by a machine or AI that quickly. The merging of man and machine opens up new possibilities, ”says Holst.
At the Institute for Industrial Information Technology (inIT), the possibilities of AI support are being examined in various projects. In the ML4Pro2 project, for example, automatic wear monitoring is implemented. In this way, maintenance planning can be carried out in a more targeted and defined manner. AI can also be used as a medical assistant. With PD Assist, Parkinson's patients can be supported in their treatment and they receive help with medication dosing.
With his lecture, Christoph-Alexander Holst was able to give the all-clear: Artificial intelligence will not be able to replace humans in the long term. She can support and help him. Ultimately, however, AI created jobs for more people than they lost their jobs through AI.
Features of this press release:
Journalists, students, scientists, everyone
Society, information technology, medicine
Colorful things from science, research projects
- Where can I learn ASP NET
- What are aggregation layer network technologies
- Can the brain be donated after death
- Are you a history teacher
- Is hypnosis actually achievable
- What is Pachkarma Treatment
- What etiquette do you follow in public?
- What is the procedure to do CA.
- What daily activities improve intelligence
- Beignets taste similar to funnel cakes
- Would the universal basic income hinder work
- Who is the main customer of Google Adwords
- How cruel are animal experiments
- Who would you share lottery winnings with?
- Which episodes of South Park show Towelie
- Are Bernie Sanders' policies immoral
- Somebody loves binary coding
- What is an element that is called in science
- What does a press representative do
- Which artists are like Andrew Bird
- Will space ever gain mass?
- Are tattoos allowed in the AIIMS
- How many square feet are 60 feet
- Will a bullet ever stop
- Why is financial inclusion in India low
- Cross all homologous chromosomes
- Why do we find stray hair disgusting
- What forms chemical bonds
- Is LASIK really only 500
- Maca Root Helps You Lose Weight
- What is a research center
- How are the new Vu televisions doing
- QR codes require a white background
- Have computer hearts