Why is Chandrayan 2 not a failure
India: Next flight to the moon in 2020, manned space flight in preparation
India wants to send another probe to the moon this year, which, unlike its failed predecessor, should land safely on the moon. The Indian space agency ISRO confirmed that Chandrayaan-3 should launch in late 2020 or in spring 2021 at the latest, reports the Times of India. Overall, the mission should therefore cost around 77 million euros. It was approved by the government and work was already underway. Because you can build on the previous mission, the mission will be cheaper, said Minister Jitendra Singh loudly The Hindu. He also protested against classifying Chandrayaan-2 as a failure - despite the crash of their lander, a lot was learned.
Crash admitted late
Chandrayaan-2 was launched on July 22nd and entered orbit around the satellite in early September. Then she deployed the Vikram landing module, which was supposed to sit softly on its surface and collect data there for one to two weeks. The landing maneuver did not work and finally the space agency had to admit the crash. Photos from NASA had clearly shown the wreckage of the spacecraft. Meanwhile, the orbiter Chandrayaan-2 continues to orbit the moon and fulfills its tasks to map the lunar surface and to research its composition as well as to search for water. According to reports, the functionality of Chandrayaan-2 is also the basis for the success of the successor mission.
So while India continues to work on being only the fourth nation to bring a probe to the moon, preparations for the nation's first manned space flight are also underway. Like ISRO boss K. Sivan according to the Times of India also announced that four Indian Air Force pilots have now been selected as astronaut candidates. The four unnamed men between the ages of 35 and 44 are due to leave for Russia in a few days, where they will be trained for 11 months at the Yuri Gagarin cosmonaut training center. Your first manned space flight as part of the Gaganyaan program (after the Sanskrit term for "sky vehicle") is planned for December 2021.
(mho)Read comments (28) Go to homepage
- How much is 1 GB equal
- How effective are cryptocurrency arbitrage strategies
- How do I control my toddlers anger
- What blogs do entrepreneurs read every day
- Why is TCP IP called a stack
- Migraines can cause orthostatic hypotension
- Why did Swaziland change its name to eSwatini
- Are philosophers scientists without discoveries
- How risky is it to breathe
- America has gold
- A self-cleaning oven is worth it
- Can someone help me with my career choice
- Which game changed your life in a positive way?
- What is basicity
- Where does diffusion occur in living organisms
- Is Hulu Plus only for USA
- How can we satisfy ourselves in life
- Android Vs Wordpress for Bloggers
- How do I behave happily
- How many animals were used in World War II
- Can I eat KFC chicken with braces on?
- What are some useful technical abbreviations
- Is calcium oxide ionic or covalent
- Can Quebec withdraw