Are there any anti-smoking drugs
How to quit smoking
10 tips from the advisory team of the smoke-free line
- Find a personal reason to quit
Place a suitable symbol in a clearly visible place - for example a radiant smile. Tell yourself: "I'm starting a smoke-free life for my teeth."
- Set a stop smoking date
Put it in the calendar. Be sure to stick to it.
- Make a plan
How can you distract your hands, mouth and head as soon as the desire to smoke arises? What rituals do you want to use to replace your smoking habits in the long term? What is good for you?
- Talk about it
Inform those around you and ask for their understanding if you are temporarily irritated.
- Get the job done
Quit smoking completely from day one. That costs you less energy than reducing it gradually. This will help you reach your goal faster.
- Make your environment smoke free
Before you quit, dispose of your tobacco products, ashtrays and lighters everywhere. Ask those around you to stop offering you cigarettes.
- Get medical help
Drugs from the pharmacy containing nicotine are not addictive, but they do alleviate withdrawal symptoms. There are also prescription drugs that make it easier to quit smoking.
- Observe non-smokers
How do non-smokers deal with stress? How do you spend the breaks? What do you do while waiting or after eating? Imitate them.
- Don't let slip-ups discourage you
Stick to your mind and try again. With every attempt you learn and your chance of making it increases.
- It's easier with professional help
Call the smoke-free line on 0848 000 181. Receive effective support in preparing and persevering. Preferably with several free calls.
With the help of the self-control sheet, you will be more aware of your smoking habits and learn to recognize risky situations that make you crave a cigarette.
When you quit smoking, you put away your old smoking habits and replace them with new, more attractive ones. This is an effective way of preventing failure and relapse. Distraction and concentration on new habits are particularly helpful.
Discover a number of strategies that you can use when you feel cravings for a cigarette.
Smoking is often associated with a habit (drinking coffee, talking on the phone, waiting for the bus). By changing your habits, you can avoid risky situations.
The irresistible desire to smoke - also known as craving - usually only lasts for one to three minutes. Employment is a great way to resist cravings.
So that you can find out which quitting method is best for you personally, the smoke-free line 0848 000 181 (8 cents per minute from landlines) offers detailed consultations. Experienced counselors can support you in changing your behavior. Or you can guide you to gradually reduce nicotine addiction using nicotine-containing drugs and thus reduce the withdrawal symptoms.
The e-cigarette is not a recognized smoking cessation drug. Switching from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes enables smokers to avoid exposure to the pollutants that are produced by burning tobacco. For smokers who are unable to quit or who do not want to quit, e-cigarettes may be a less harmful alternative than traditional cigarettes, provided they switch to these products entirely.
There are several medications that can help you wean:
- To reduce the withdrawal symptoms, you can buy nicotine replacement products (Nicorette, Nicotinell) from the pharmacy. These are available as depot plasters, inhalation solution, chewing gum, various lozenges and as an oral spray.
- Varenicline (Champix, on a doctor's prescription) helps to quit because it gradually renders the cigarette ingredients ineffective (straw smoking).
- Bupropion (Zyban) is prescribed by the doctor. This drug reduces cigarette cravings and the most severe withdrawal symptoms.
Talk to your doctor if you think that medication will make it easier for you to quit smoking.
Weight control when quitting smoking
Many people who quit smoking fear that they will gain weight. On average, people gain four to five kilograms within twelve months after quitting smoking. However, remember that the benefits of quitting smoking are much greater than the disadvantages of gaining weight.
On this page there are tips for weight control.
Some smokers manage to quit with the help of alternative or complementary medicine. A whole range of methods are available for weaning, for example acupuncture, hypnosis or relaxation techniques such as autogenic training or yoga. Whether and how someone responds to it varies greatly from person to person. The most important requirement for quitting smoking is your motivation. Try to save your firm resolve to quit smoking through the difficult first few days and weeks.
First things first, you are still in the process. A remarkable achievement lies behind you, you have given up many cigarettes. Which cigarettes were you able to do without? Which are the stumbling blocks? With a new protocol you can analyze the relapse and learn the essentials. Then check new measures and adapt your personal quitting tips to the analysis. Are the weight issues the trigger? Or mood lows? the respective society? You will benefit from this crisis by knowing more about your smoking cessation behavior.
- What is timing relay
- Which company makes the best phone screens
- What is the power supply mode
- What's the Most Inspirational DevOps Book
- Fraudsters always win
- What is Aristotle's most workable government
- How can sex change your life
- How do you become a clairvoyant
- Can travel family and friends
- What is the Spanish translation for wish
- How do I become a good receptionist
- Lyndon B Johnson was a warmonger
- Why are alternative investments becoming more popular
- In Gattaca, who killed the mission director
- What turn will energy storage take?
- Will Pakistan take revenge on India's air strikes?
- What is a poker card
- How do you control negative intrusive thoughts
- What is the smallest tectonic plate
- How is training helpful for an organization?
- How traffic signs cause accidents
- What should I call my colorful cat
- Is ice skating just like inline skating
- What do checklists for airline pilots look like?