Why is biodegradable waste so cheap
Growth of bioplastics, the sustainable plastic
Bio-on is a bioplastics company that is currently building such a facility near Bologna, Italy. There it wants to manufacture its MINERV-PHA biopolymers, which are used in a wide variety of products from toys and furniture to applications in biomedicine and the automotive industry. "We can use the by-products of sugar beet and sugar cane production, glycerine (biodiesel waste), waste products from potato processing and many other materials as raw materials," explains company director Marco Astorri.
Like wood, MINERV PHAs are completely and naturally decomposed when they enter rivers or soil. After its completion in 2018, Bio-on's new plant will produce 1,000 tons of the biopolymers annually. In the long term, it offers capacities for double the amount.
Another bioplastics manufacturer is Novamot. In his MATER-BI bioplastics, petroleum-based polymers or renewable compostable polymers from agriculture are combined with starch to create mechanically stable structures that can be used for packaging, shopping bags, plastic cutlery and much more. “In terms of performance, the products are in no way inferior to conventional plastics, and they are biodegradable very quickly,” says Stefano Facco, the company's business development director.
Novamot shopping bags - which are only slightly more expensive than conventional bags - are sold worldwide by numerous retail groups, including in the UK co-op supermarkets. Aethic uses the company's packaging for its skin care products.
- What is the future of cold fusion
- Why does emotional pain build up?
- Is the lion hunt legal?
- How do astronomers measure the age of a star
- What are some ideas for iPhone applications
- Is Naegleria fowleri in the air
- Where can I learn ASP NET
- What were the biggest songs on The Shangri Las
- What are good multivitamins that are not synthetic
- What should everyone know about Wellington
- What is the name of UO2
- Why is a calculator considered a computer
- What are some great cat treats
- Which is best SRM or Sathyabama
- How can I improve my smile
- Why do I see humanoid dark figures
- How are big data and Hadoop helpful
- How big should a gurdwara be
- Shares a countable noun
- Why is whiskey brown
- What is text manipulation in MS Word
- Can I fly with wooden knitting needles?
- How can I heal an irritated nerve
- What is the value of tan10 tan50 tan70