Is bread unhealthy
How healthy is bread?
The good is in the shell
If you want to pay attention to balance, you should primarily eat whole grain bread. It can be recognized by its gray-brown color. If it is a regular part of meals along with other grain products, fruits and vegetables, it is an important cornerstone of a healthy diet.
Most bread in Germany is made from wheat or rye. Nevertheless, the bread offer now seems to have become almost unmanageable, which is due, among other things, to different mixing ratios of the grain.
Nevertheless, a distinction is made between the following types: wholemeal bread, multigrain bread, wheat bread and mixed bread. At least 90 percent of this wholemeal bread is made from flour that still contains all the components of the grain.
Whole grain bread is correspondingly darker depending on whether whole grains or coarsely ground cereals have been added to the flour. How healthy bread is depends on the flour it is made from.
A rule of thumb is: the darker the flour, the more whole grain it contains. The more full grains, the more vitamins, minerals and fiber the bread contains and is therefore healthier.
These important nutrients are increasingly found in the outer layers of the grain. On the other hand, inside, in the endosperm, mainly protein and starch are stored, which make up 83 percent.
If the flour is completely white, it consists exclusively of the endosperm of the grains. The outer layers were sifted out during grinding. Whole wheat flour still contains these and therefore the valuable ingredients.
Bread keeps you full for a long time
Bread is high in carbohydrates. They are wrongly misunderstood as fattening foods, because they are long-chain in whole grain bread. This means that the stomach processes them very slowly. The blood sugar level rises only a little. So little insulin is released, whereas fat burning gets going.
The fiber contained in bread in particular makes it a very healthy food. These are the indigestible carbohydrates. They swell up in the stomach and ensure a long-lasting feeling of satiety. Cravings do not arise in the first place.
Regular consumption of whole grain bread can even prevent colon cancer, say nutritionists.
It harms some
Despite all its valuable ingredients, bread is not digestible for everyone. This includes, for example, people who suffer from celiac disease or sprue. They do not tolerate the gluten in bread.
It is mainly found in the seeds of wheat, rye, barley and oats.
A healthy digestive system has no problems with it. However, patients with gluten intolerance are very sensitive. You cannot tolerate this substance because it destroys the intestinal villi in the lining of your small intestine.
This means that the body can no longer absorb certain nutrients. However, if gluten is not consumed for a long time, according to scientists, it is possible that the intestinal mucosa will recover.
However, celical is not curable. As soon as gluten gets into the body again, the symptoms start all over again - often even more violently than before. Therefore, doctors advise people with a gluten intolerance to permanently avoid foods containing gluten.
- How does a YouTube subscription work
- What is the fastest DNS
- Why do companies lease equipment
- How is Rava made
- How can men dress cheaply
- Is bug hunting and hacking the same
- How popular is Alibaba outside of China
- What is text manipulation in MS Word
- What is the boiling point of glass
- What is a frequency synthesized signal generator
- What is meant by teleportation
- Why can't I remember things or multitask
- What are some of the obsolete web technologies in 2019?
- Are there laws against running too fast?
- Why is my WhatsApp number blocked
- Bermuda is a nice place to vacation
- How many animals were used in World War II
- Which cities get Jio fiber optic
- Who built the tent cities?
- What does a secure website look like
- What is the best military weapon
- What does fitness result from
- What is the most effective organizational model
- How is electrical engineering at HBTI Kanpur