What is the main nutritional concern
Power for the skeleton: Sun, exercise and the right diet ensure strong bones
Baierbrunn (OTS) - Anyone who has healthy bones can be happy: A strong skeleton is the best protection against broken bones, which can throw us off course. You can do a lot yourself to keep your bones healthy and strong into old age. Diet plays an important role in this, says Peter Kanzler, editor-in-chief of "Apotheken Umschau":
Original sound, 8 sec.
"In order to strengthen the bones, the body needs a lot of calcium. This is contained in milk, yoghurt and cheese, but also in spinach, leek, hazelnuts and legumes."
Calcium in food is necessary, but is not enough on its own.
Original sound, 21 sec.
"In order for the calcium to be built into the bones, vitamin D is primarily necessary. This is contained in sea fish, for example. But the body is also able to produce vitamin D itself. That is when we are in the sun a lot, at least Half an hour a day is necessary for this. For older people, vitamin D supplements can also be useful, consult your doctor. "
Exercise is also important: Sport not only ensures that we feel good all round, but also ensures healthy bones:
Original sound, 9 sec.
"Sport is very important. Sport strengthens the bones, especially strength training. But it should be at least three ten minutes a week, only then does it make sense."
Jogging or aerobics are also recommended, according to "Apotheken Umschau". And if you have children, you should encourage them to exercise a lot in good time. Because children and adolescents who romp around a lot and do sports build up more bone mass than those who do not exercise. And they benefit from this well into old age.
The audio material can be used free of charge. Please send the broadcast recording to [email protected]
Audio (s) for this broadcast can be found in the AOM / Original Audio Service, as well as in the OTS audio archive at http://audio.ots.at
Inquiries & contact:
Tel. 089/744 33 123
Fax 089/744 33 459
Email: [email protected]
- What is electroencephalography a record of EEG
- Can an airplane land on grass
- What is right left politics
- Does ECC RAM work on a desktop
- How to assemble a fire hose
- What is the significance of 200 DMA
- Why are Acer laptops considered bad
- Is meditation before bed bad
- What is your NSEA score in 2017
- Which fruit contains thousands of tiny seeds
- How do you defeat a guerrilla
- What are the computer institutes in Abbottabad
- Can dogs eat canned tuna?
- What are haploid or diploid cells
- What is ClassPass
- Is Microsoft considering buying Telerik
- Are starving artists better artists
- What do atheists do at holiday celebrations
- Can polar bears eat blue whales
- What are the best wooden bats
- How do gun-proof locks work?
- Why don't the guys hug
- Sotheby's only sells high-end homes
- Which assembly language is best to learn