Too much exercise shortens your life
Protein and exercise for a long life
In the study, one of the two groups of mice examined was genetically modified in such a way that it consumed a great deal of energy through its muscles. The other group of mice corresponded to the unchanged wild type. From the eleventh week of life until their natural end, the mice received one of three feed mixes, which varied in terms of the macronutrient composition.
The animals lived the longest when they were given low-fat food. The mice that put on weight quickly had the shortest life expectancy (approx. 550 days). These were the wild-type animals that ate the high-fat and carbohydrate-rich diet. The mice with increased muscle activity also gained weight on the same diet, but a little less and much more slowly. They lived an average of 230 days longer.
The second high-fat feed mixture with a lot of protein and few carbohydrates led to similar effects in the wild-type mice, although they did not gain weight as quickly and as much and also lived much longer, namely about 754 days. In contrast, the mice, which burned a lot of energy in their muscles, did not gain weight under this diet and lived just as long as under the low-fat diet, namely around 850 days.
This shows that increased muscle activity can go a long way towards compensating for the negative effects of a high-fat diet. In addition, the data indicate that rapid weight gain in adolescence, in particular, shortens the lifespan.
If the data were to be transferred to humans, according to the scientists, then people who eat a very high fat diet should make sure they get enough exercise and avoid excessive weight gain, especially at a young age.
Source: Keipert, S. et al .: Aging Cell, online publication, DOI: 10.1111 / j.1474-9726.2010.00648.x
DAZ 2011, No. 1, p. 80
- Are Jews superior to Arabs?
- What are great rally events for car racing
- How would space travel affect our economy?
- Does Kendrick Lamar have any formal musical training
- Which was the first army ever
- Do you think Papua belongs to Indonesia?
- Was L's death necessary in Death Note
- What is shield grounding in a transformer
- How do gun-proof locks work?
- Which artists are like Andrew Bird
- Who is the founder of ATMs
- Has Argentina ever ruled the Falkland Islands
- How stable are PID loops really
- What things stop you from coughing
- Why should I choose Gharwal Medical College
- Can you trust consensus in science
- Was Ronald Reagan a psychopath
- How do you get free movie streaming
- How long should a zirconia crown last
- Can I start selling electrical appliances online?
- What is hard work in the truest sense of the word
- What's the best Uber car
- How big is the NBA in China
- What is a writing candidate