What is the best frame wood
The right firewood for the stove
Rule of thumb: the more humid the wood, the worse its calorific value.
The calorific value of wood depends very much on the moisture in it. The more water the wood contains, the more energy has to be expended for its evaporation during combustion; as a result, energy is lost. Here is an example: Freshly felled wood has a moisture content of approx. 50% and a calorific value of approx. 2.3 kWh / kg; Well air-dried wood, on the other hand, has a moisture content of approx. 15% with a calorific value of approx. 4.3 kWh / kg. So if you burn very damp wood, you will only achieve about half the heat output with the same amount of wood.
Damp wood damages the stove and chimney
When damp wood is burned, many more soot particles also settle on the combustion chamber pane. In addition, the water vapor that is generated when moist wood is burned can condense in the flue pipe or chimney. Gloss black or sooting of the chimney can be the consequences. Sooting can in turn lead to condensation damage on the chimney and unpleasant smells, with shiny soot there is a risk of ignition (chimney fire).
Environmental pollution from damp wood
A high moisture content in the wood lowers the combustion temperature, this prevents complete combustion of all wood components and leads to considerable environmental pollution.
Measure first, then burn
You can determine the residual moisture of your firewood with a wood moisture meter. In this way you can be sure that you only use well-dried wood for your stove and that you do not risk damage to the fireplace or chimney.
- Tabasco prevents food poisoning
- How to fix a car lock
- Can free will override the crime rule
- What are the uses of TestNG in Selenium
- What are the best parts of Seattle
- Recovered rainwater can be used without treatment
- What part of humanity is psychopathic
- What are superstitious beliefs
- What is a diagnosis
- Is Flexon MR safe for diabetics
- Is it civil behavior to be vegan?
- All glasses are delivered with cleaning cloths
- Which company brand logo inspires you
- How much does an intelligent refrigerator cost
- What is a biogeochemical cycle
- Which PC game blew you away
- What is the full form of ICPPR
- Inspire young entrepreneurs
- What are some good home desk setups
- What are the courses related to banking
- What does Kowtow
- What's your rating of Azimo
- How has CRM software improved your business
- What is translational medicine 1