How can technology develop industries
Jump label navigation
In the factory of Industry 4.0, intelligent machines independently coordinate production processes; Service robots support people in assembly with heavy work, driverless transport vehicles take care of logistics and material flow independently. Networking does not only take place within "intelligent factories", but across company and industry boundaries - between different actors in the economy: from medium-sized logistics companies to specialized technical service providers to creative start-ups.
Produce more flexibly, more individually and more efficiently
The use of digital technologies in industry will result in a multitude of new production processes, business models and products. For example, a production line no longer has to be restricted to one product. This changes the requirements for industrial production. IT support will make it possible to flexibly adapt processing stations to a changing product mix. In doing so, capacities can be optimally utilized. In addition, the automated analysis processes can also show maintenance requirements and failure risks.
Cooperation: So that we can take advantage of the new opportunities
This offers enormous potential for Germany as a location for innovation and business: around 15 million jobs are directly and indirectly dependent on the manufacturing industry. The digitization of industry will not only change value creation processes, it will also create new business models and new perspectives for employees. Intelligent, digital production processes offer great opportunities, especially for small and medium-sized companies.
But: the more industry is digitized and networked, the more interfaces there are and the more data flows. Uniform norms and standards, IT security and data protection therefore play a central role. However, such overarching questions cannot be answered by individual companies or sectors on their own. We can only successfully shape the fourth industrial revolution together if all relevant actors from business, science, politics and society are involved at an early stage and cooperate in partnership.
Central social and political design task
The federal government wants to use the enormous potential of Industry 4.0 for Germany as a business location. Intelligent, digital production processes offer great opportunities, especially for small and medium-sized companies.
Industry 4.0 is a central topic of the federal government's digital agenda. With the two funding programs "Autonomics for Industry 4.0" and "Smart Service Welt", the BMWi is making almost 100 million euros available to advance research and development for important innovations in the field of Industry 4.0.
- What is the bandwidth of WiFi
- How is IIIT Jabalpur for CSE 2019
- How do you start a team meeting
- Corporate blogs actually help businesses
- What does Kraft Foods
- When was the DC Metro built
- How is international and local law different?
- How do doctors not get sick
- What is the purpose of the imagination
- Every teen relationship is bad
- Is there a way to breathe properly?
- What is your Christmas wish
- You can cycle over the Bay Bridge
- Why is Starbucks not popular in India
- What are the most successful app marketplaces
- How much vibranium does TChalla have
- What profitability do hedge funds use
- Which auto-hybrid combination is the best
- How do I change an SBCGlobal password
- Is the University of Hyderabad safe
- Is iGlass better than iPad for kids
- Which limits our knowledge of physics
- What are the best retailers in Mexico
- Why should humans eat marmots?
- How can you encourage student engagement?
- Are 3D printing organs ethical
- What do German passports look like
- What does it mean to see two black crows
- How much does a GTR cost in Australia
- Brian Wilson is gay
- How does Sufganiyah taste
- How spies travel with their weapons
- What is the purpose of a Gitignore file
- What are Recommended Online Investment Websites