How is plaster obtained
Accident Hospital Linz
For the plaster treatment, the patient is either transported to the plaster room or called up via the screen. A plaster of paris is applied in a plaster bunk. Relatives are asked to wait in front of the plaster room during a possibly necessary X-ray.
Sometimes it is necessary to set up the break. This is often done under local anesthesia. If the patient has an intolerance to medication, it is important to inform us of this.
If fresh injuries are treated with plaster of paris, a split cast is applied. A split cast on the leg is also known as a plaster cast. This does not mean that patients with this cast always have to lie down. With the help of crutches, which we provide on loan, the bed can be left temporarily. A fresh injury should definitely be stored up and refrigerated.
The doctor will tell you whether the cast can be used. In this case, patients are given a crib. If one leg is immobilized with a cast and the patient is over 14 years of age, thrombosis prophylaxis is prescribed. This measure is very important as a thrombosis is a severe complication which can be life-threatening under certain circumstances. Patients are instructed how to administer these syringes.
Various Types of plaster can be used:
- The doctor decides whether a "white plaster" or a plastic plaster is used.
- Thermoplastic splints are possible with certain types of injury.
Neither the plaster nor the splint should get wet!
If patients want to shower with the cast, the bandagist has appropriate aids.
Should the Plaster of paris damaged the Linz Accident Hospital is to be visited immediately!
Knee splints, ankle splints and "braces" (special support bandages) are also fitted in the plaster room of the Linz accident hospital.
Patient information "Impaired walking ability" (533.3 KB)
In wound care, smaller acute wounds are cared for and treated. In addition to pain treatment and hemostasis, foreign bodies are also removed and joint punctures are performed.
For optimal care, it is important to present your vaccination card and allergy pass, as well as information about taking blood-thinning medication! If there is an intolerance to medication, patients must report this.
If the symptoms worsen, we ask you to visit the Linz Accident Hospital immediately.
- What are haploid or diploid cells
- How fast is UMTS
- What is a spammer
- Why is homelessness so prevalent in Tucson AZ
- What is the full form of LDL
- Who killed Roxana, Alexander's wife
- How do dictators rule today?
- How do prescription weight loss drugs work
- Why is HCL training paid in Nagpur
- Which are the latest free iPhone apps
- Which is better GRE or GRE biology
- How does the consumption of ants affect human eyesight?
- How important studies are to you
- Bitcoin will reach 10,000 in 2019
- How can I investigate my jealousy?
- What is a theater
- How is a Hammond organ for beginners
- What is the synonym for preference
- Why don't you visit your parents
- How can marmite be eaten without bread
- How birds drink in icy weather
- Costa Rica levies an exit tax
- Who saved my Instagram post 1
- What is the bell set