Why do noses produce mucus
Everyday question: where does all this whore come from?
Whether you have a cold or an allergy: Sometimes your nose runs almost continuously. As soon as the nose is blown, it is tight again. Why?
Winter is the cold season and therefore a golden time for the manufacturers of paper handkerchiefs. And many a person concerned asks himself: Is there no end to the stream of mucus?
He does not have. Because the body is constantly producing mucus. And once you've blown some of it, the body makes more of it. This happens in the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, i.e. in the nose, throat and lungs. The mucous membrane in the nose is the most productive.
It is often assumed that the much mucus comes from the sinuses. In contrast to the nose, these hardly played a role in mucus production, as Richard Lebowitz, an ear, nose and throat doctor from New York told Livescience.com.
On a normal day, a person produces over a liter of mucus. But those who are healthy do not notice anything. The body is pretty good at draining mucus inconspicuously. The nasal mucus, for example, is carried in the nasal cavity by tiny hairs, the so-called cinema cilia, to the back of the throat - from where we swallow it. And we do that every day. We just don't notice it, says Lebowitz.
That changes when we have a cold or have an allergic reaction. Then the mucus may be thickened. Or the system that normally transports it so discreetly can be restricted in its function. Finally, the body may also produce a little more mucus than usual. That is the moment when only a bold blow of the nose helps.
And even that sometimes doesn't bring any relief. If the nose still feels clogged after blowing the nose for the umpteenth time, the phlegm is not the problem. Then it is the swollen nasal mucous membranes that make it difficult for us to breathe.
- How do you say hard in Bengali
- How to Cancel an Avon Account
- How are movies hacked
- Everyone is nice
- Who designed Giantnerd
- What scholarships are offered in India
- Have you ever used the men's room
- How can I get less sexually aroused
- Where should I learn my manners
- What is your favorite village in Bali
- What does hehe mean in social media
- What does epic mean in literature
- Are pagers still there and working?
- Why should we eat Evion capsules
- What is 4 1 2 3 1
- What alternative e-ink technologies are there?
- There are waterfalls near Chennai
- Why do teenagers like skimpy clothes?
- Christchurch Cathedral is being rebuilt
- What is Uganda's best industry
- What's the best retirement hack
- What's the strangest prize you've won
- Who is buying Evernote
- Clindamycin phosphate removes the dark stain