How many people died in 9 11
Eleventh September 11th - September 11th
When September 11th is spoken of, September 11th, 2001 is often referred to. On that day, terrorists hijacked four planes in the United States. With two planes they flew one after the other into the two high-rise towers of New York's 'World Trade Center'. The planes exploded and set the towers on fire. Shortly afterwards they collapsed.
The terrorists steered the third plane into the Pentagon, that's the name of the American Department of Defense. The White House, in which the American president lives and works, was also the target of the attackers. The passengers in the fourth machine were able to prevent the kidnappers from dropping the machine into the president's house. But they could not save their own life: The plane crashed near the city of Pittsburgh.
In total, more than 3,000 people died in this, the largest terrorist attack that has ever occurred in the USA.
Who is behind the attacks?
The attacks of September 11th were planned and carried out by the Arab terrorist organization Al-Qaida. Its supporters are violent Islamists. They hate all countries that do not live by the rules of Islam. Especially the most powerful of these, in their eyes, 'unbelieving' nations: the USA. Al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden was wanted by many secret services around the world for years. On May 1, 2011, he was killed by American soldiers in his hiding place in Pakistan.
How terror changed the world
Since September 11, 2001, the world has changed. Not only because many people are afraid of new attacks and the controls - for example at borders and airports - have become stricter. The attacks by the Arab terrorists have also led many people to distrust followers of Islam, although the majority of Muslims found the attacks just as horrific.
In response to September 11th, the American government decided to fight terrorism around the world. The US attacked targets in Afghanistan as early as October 2001. The Afghan government had refused to hand over to the United States Osama bin Laden, who was hiding in their country at the time. The US attacks were also intended to destroy terrorist training camps that had existed in Afghanistan for years.
In March 2003, American soldiers marched into Iraq and overthrew the dictator Saddam Hussein. The American government named the fight against terrorism as one of the reasons for the war. Saddam Hussein is said to have many weapons and to have contact with Osama bin Laden. In the meantime, however, the US has admitted that it only guessed it and didn't know it.
Ground Zero - A big construction site
The place in New York where the towers of the 'World Trade Center' stood is now called 'Ground Zero' - that means 'center of explosion'. A museum was built here to commemorate the 9/11 attacks and the victims. Since 2014 there has been a new high-rise building on 'Ground Zero', the 'One World Trade Center'. At 541 meters tall, it is the tallest building in the United States and the fourth tallest in the world.
Status: 11/11/2016, 11:41 am
- Contouring can look natural
- Is Propush trustworthy to me
- Freedom of the media is essential
- How do dictators rule today?
- Can sociopaths dissociate
- Is Genius the Definitive Lyrics website
- How do I know my instincts
- How do you learn SAP HANA online
- Is morality subjective
- Software names should be written in italics
- Are iPhones virus-resistant
- Do mother dogs remember their pups
- Can dogs eat canned tuna?
- Pizza was invented by mistake
- What are the benefits of recovery disks
- Was Tyler Durden a sociopath
- How did Aryabhatta discover 0 1
- What is the purpose of piston pumps
- Will the technology ever regress?
- What makes Kazakhstan better than Russia
- How can I become an iOS designer?
- Is it good to remember your mistakes?
- You can appeal against a Facebook ban
- Make-up cosmetics What is CC Cream