Is the cost of medical school unethical?
University of Cologne
The necessary advances in medicine require experiments on living people. The personal rights and the health interests of the individual test person or patient retain priority over the pursuit of knowledge in the service of the general public.
The tasks of ethics committees - set up at the medical associations, at medical faculties and in some federal states at the state health authorities - are:
- the protection of healthy test persons (test subjects) and patients from dangerous research
- the protection of the researcher, in the urge to increase knowledge, to exceed the limits of what is ethically or legally permissible and
- the protection of research institutions from the detrimental consequences of ethically and legally questionable research.
The ethics committee of the Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne is an independent institution of the Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne that is not bound by instructions. Its task is to ethically and legally assess human research and epidemiological research projects with personal data upon request and to advise members of the University of Cologne on professional law and ethical issues. Research on humans includes research on living humans and the bodies of the deceased, on human biomaterial and on human data.
The ethics committee of the Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne performs the tasks assigned to it in accordance with Section 7 of the Heilberufsgesetz NRW and advises projects in accordance with Sections 40 - 42a of the Medicines Act (AMG), Sections 19 - 24 of the Medical Devices Act (MPG), and Section 8 of the Transfusion Act (TFG). , Sections 31 et seq. StrlSchG and Section 15 (1) of the professional code for doctors in North Rhine-Westphalia in the currently applicable version and the supplementary ordinances.
The ethics committee has the according to § 92 Radiation Protection Ordinance and
Registration at the Federal Office for Radiation Protection required in accordance with Section 28g X-ray Ordinance.
In addition to the applicable law and the medical professional code, the revised version of the Declaration of the World Medical Association of Helsinki and relevant national and international recommendations and guidelines form the basis for the work of the ethics committee.
The ethics committee acts ex officio upon request and in the cases regulated by law.
Establishment and procedures are regulated in the statutes of the ethics committee (Official Notices 46/2009).
For members of the medical faculty who do not work full-time at the university, such as If, for example, private lecturers and professors are employed externally at teaching hospitals or other institutions, the ethics committee of the Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne is not responsible according to ministerial decree of November 22, 2006. The ethics committees at the respective medical associations are responsible for these.
- Where do teachers find common core resources
- Is it worth buying loot tapes
- What is fusion DNA polymerase
- What do you think of RaiBlocks
- How do firewalls prevent computer viruses
- Regret moving to Nebraska
- Which animal hunts the weak?
- Cross all homologous chromosomes
- Which media format do television broadcasters use
- Where does the word muscle come from?
- There is an extra charge for children
- Bar oil is suitable for oily skin
- Was Malaal 2019 Bollywood film boring
- Which subject is good for optional
- What is the darkest anime ending
- Is the solar system in space
- What are the Ravenclaw house colors
- What kind of company is Stena
- What is the full form of ACTREC
- Are you afraid of dying young
- When and why were bicycles invented
- Support the LGBT community incest
- Where does most religion fail?
- How does Quora attract professors