Is Ambedkar University better than Delhi University
India from south to north, 1993/4
India (Jan. 3 to Feb. 4, 1994): To the north, not always straight ahead
Train tickets and beer bottle label
While South India is comparatively relaxed in the nature of the people, it becomes "more typical" north of Goa. In the "Hindi Belt" you can find the constant turn-ons and more of the dirt and stench, which puts so many people away from India.
When I arrived in Aurangabad, there were riots there, people were advised not to enter the city center, and two people were shot dead. [I think that was because of the renaming of Marathwada University to "Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University", Ambedkar an "untouchable."]
One of the major Indian luxury hotel chains had advertised special offers during these days. I drove to the hotel outside and indulged myself in two nights for just under $ 30 each of the kind of luxury that the Indian calls "world class": saponified pool, occasional working aircon, indifferent staff and less chicken tikka in the otherwise empty restaurant. But after all it was already in 1911 in Murray's Handbook: "As a rule, the food supplied in hotels and railway refreshment rooms in India is not very good. Outside the really large places and cantonments, the meat, with exception of bullock hump, is often lean and tough, the fowls are skinny, and the eggs ridiculously small. "
Buddhist relief, Ajanta.
There are numerous representations of the caves of Ajanta, which served as a Buddhist hermitage, which also depict art history better than I could here. It is noteworthy that you worked your way into the mountain from above, so the entire work is carved "from one piece".
- Rajesh Kumar Singh; An Introduction to the Ajanta Caves: With Examples of Six Caves; Vadodara: Hari Sena Press, 2012.
- Brancaccio, Pia; The Buddhist caves at Aurangabad
transformations in art and religion; Leiden [et al.], Brill, 2011 Extent: XXI, 332 p .; ISBN 978-90-04-18525-8
- Spink, Walter M .; Ajanta: history and development; Leiden [among others] 5 volumes (Brill), series: Handbook of Oriental Studies: Second Division, India
- Jamkhedkar, Aravinda P .; Ajanta; New Delhi 2009 (Oxford Univ. Press); ISBN 978-0-19-569785-8 [Guide to 30 caves]
The Ajanta Caves can be reached by bus from Aurangabad.
From Aurangabad by train with a change in Delhi to Jaipur.
Indian means of transportation: cow and ambassador limousines (Jaipur, Jan. 94)
Arrived early in the morning in Jaipur - the city is known as the "pink city" because of the sandstone used for building in the past - we went to the Palace of the Winds (Hawa Mahal), so called because a draft of air entered the harem of the maharajas through the openwork stone window coverings. The ladies in it, locked for life, could "enjoy" the market bustle through the small openings without being seen.
Facade of the Palace of the Winds (there is also an observation deck in the building across the street)
I don't have any pictures of the interior of the Palstmuseum, which is not very large, but it was definitely worth the entrance fee. I remember two head-high "vases" made of solid silver. I only stayed in the retiring room for the day (Rs 65) and took the next night train to Agra.
Detail of a palace gate in Jaipur (exquisite inlay work from different colored stones)
Jaipur "Retiring Room" ticket and Rs 10 note. It is unusual that it has no holes through the watermark. Notes are usually stapled together.
- If 10x 7 17 what is x
- What is the central bank doing
- What are the parts of a roof
- What are examples of stylish nightlife clothing
- What attitude should everyone have
- When should we measure our weight?
- What do foreigners think of Armenians
- How did the stupid Gaensephrase come about
- Are you fair and sincere
- How are the new Vu televisions doing
- What are bad things about Tokyo
- What's the fastest way to make ice cream
- What is the atomicity of nitrogen gas
- How do I calculate CGPA from the percentage
- How do I turn off iPhone spell checking
- Use Brita filter molecular sieves
- How does Google call its conference rooms
- What is the advantage of CA
- Make-up for my eye shape
- How do I start writing a travelogue
- How many days antibiotics are recommended
- Where is the New Atheism practiced most often?
- What is half of frac 56 13
- Where is Mobor Beach