What does equality of freedom and brotherhood support mean
What does "freedom, equality, fraternity" mean?
"Freedom, equality, fraternity" became a slogan that was often uttered during the French Revolution. In French the words are: Liberté, egalité, fraternity.
Antoine-François Momoro is considered to be the "inventor" of the slogan. He was one of the radical Cordeliers. Instead of "brotherhood" there was initially the word "indivisibility" (Individuality) or "friendship" (Amitié).
As early as December 1790, Robespierre spoke out in favor of writing the three words together with "The French people" on flags and uniforms. However, the National Assembly did not accept this proposal.
In 1793, many French wrote the words "Unity, indivisibility of the republic; freedom, equality, brotherhood or death" on the facade of their houses. The last words "or death" should then be removed because they reminded of the terrible reign of terror.
Then the slogan was forgotten. In 1871, with the beginning of the Third French Republic, it finally became the motto of the French. It was then also enshrined in the constitution. Today it can be found on many public buildings in France. It can also be read on the 1 and 2 euro coins.
Another symbol of the French Revolution was a new calendar. Why was there a new calendar?
- Why is liberalism deprecated by conservatives?
- Why do we need math
- Which is the best deodorant in India
- Where to find hadith
- What is Greenway and Epic EHR Interoperability
- Why do people kill vampires
- What sets Italian football apart from the rest
- How cold is it at the IIT Mandi
- How can we use DMT legally
- How to code a cipher generator
- Preparing for the bank exam is difficult
- Where can I find clay
- Why are Acer laptops considered bad
- How an induction motor develops torque
- What are three examples of deceitful arguments
- Are there films that show real martial arts?
- What does the surname Swaddle mean
- What is Localization in Computer Vision
- How does Jios technology work
- Why don't some girls like cute guys
- How are 32 Winchester special cartridges made
- Hitachi Split Window AC is best
- Why don't we recycle lithium batteries
- Donald Trump is boring