What is trichomoniasis
Pathogen and transmission
Trichomonads are parasites that are often transmitted through sexual contact. Other ways of infection are rare, e. B. The parasites from the bladder or rectum can get into the vagina or be passed on indirectly, favored by a moist and alkaline environment. This can very rarely happen, for example, by sharing damp textiles / objects (towels) or by using non-chlorinated bath water. Transmission from the mother to the newborn is also possible.
The infection is often asymptomatic. In half of the women there are no symptoms, in men the course without symptoms is the rule. If there are symptoms, these are expressed as itching, with a burning sensation when dissolving water and a sweet, foul-smelling discharge. If left untreated, infection can lead to sterility in both women and men.
Distribution and frequency
Trichomoniasis is the most common STI worldwide, with 5 million new cases per year worldwide. Young people are particularly affected, both men and women. Trichomoniasis can be treated with anti-parasitic drugs.
Condoms reduce the risk of contracting trichomonads. Infection can occur despite a condom. It is important to recognize an infection early and treat it.
Anyone who has changing or multiple sexual partners during the same period should speak to their doctor or other specialist about HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and seek advice on whether tests are necessary.
In the event of an infection, there are tips on how to inform your partner on the website www.lovelife.ch.
And the following applies to all people who have sex:
Because everyone loves it differently: do the personal safer sex check on www.lovelife.ch.
- What is Vitamin K Food
- Who is the most shameless porn star
- What is an NDA in business
- What's next for Google
- What is the full form of LDL
- How should I partially increase my weight
- What famous person is following you on Quora
- Which nut is good for the heart
- How can you invest in USPS
- What baby names would be considered presumptuous
- Why are the antennas placed in towers
- Which country made BYTON cars
- How was your first rave
- How good is ESET antivirus
- What made the Vikings become Vikings?
- What is the best place to sell artwork
- What is the result of Infinity 2
- What do you dislike most about YouTube?
- Who is UWI Uwi Tenpen from Japan
- Where does diffusion occur in living organisms
- What are old laws
- What exactly is Google Storage
- How often do you renew your wardrobe
- French go to school