How to make smoked cheese
Cheese krainer - the most delicious homemade
(Advertisement) Käsekrainer are lightly smoked boiled sausages with a certain amount of cheese, and are one of the most delicious things that Austria has to offer. In Vienna, käskrainer are not quite as tasty as “purulent ones”. Once ready, they can then be boiled, fried or grilled. They are often served with mustard and horseradish or with mustard and ketchup. However, I find that often no sauce or other seasoning is necessary.
The recipe presented here is guaranteed to differ from some of the original recipes, but that's exactly how we like it. A key difference is certainly that we also use a portion of beef for the Käsekrainer in addition to pork. On the other hand, the amount of cheese cubes is relatively high compared to the meat mass, but just as damn tasty. We are also relatively lean when it comes to meat and, for example, have goulash for grinding. But of course everyone can adjust this according to their preferences.
For sausage, as with raw Polish or other sausages, you need a good meat grinder * and a sausage filler * or corresponding attachments for filling your food processor. For example, while Raw Poland is cold-smoked, the Käsekrainer is hot-smoked and then scalded, just like boiled sausages.
Ideally, you have a smoking cabinet like the El Fuego Portland *, in which both cold and hot smoking is possible. The brewing is then no big deal. All you need is a pot of hot water that you keep in a controlled manner at around 70 degrees. However, this is much easier with a Sous Vide basin or Sous Vide Stick *, as I also use it.
For intestines, you need pig intestines caliber 28/30. As always, I recommend online trading from hausschlachtebedarf.de. There you will also find many other useful things for the domestic hobby sausage production.
When it comes to spices, we use a balanced mixture, in which the garlic and pepper are most likely to stand out in taste, but blend in harmoniously overall. When it comes to cheese, there is actually no way around the Emmentaler. Gouda, for example, is just too mild, but give it a try.
And if you want to enjoy your Käsekrainer a little differently, then why not try Asian Käsekrainer hot dogs!
If you like great sausages, then you are guaranteed to only be looking for the best when it comes to meat. The best meat from Iberico pork in 100% bellota quality can be found at Iberico Fleisch GmbH *. If you want to know more about it, read my article on the Iberian pork.
Cheese krainer - the most delicious homemade
- 75% pork
- 25% beef
- 20% Emmentaler cubes based on the amount of meat
- Pig intestine caliber 28/30
Spice mixture per kilogram of meat
- 20g nitrite curing salt
- 4g cutter aid with reddening, alternatively: baking powder
- 2g finely ground black pepper
- 2g sugar
- 1g sweet pepper
- 1g nutmeg
- 1g mustard flour
- 1g garlic powder
- 0.5g coriander
- 0.5g ground cumin
- 0.5g ascorbic acid
- Cut the meat into small pieces and mix with the spices, put in the freezer for an hour.
- In the meantime, rinse the intestines according to the instructions and place them in warm water.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes with an edge length of approx. 7mm.
- After an hour, send the meat through the 3mm disc of the meat grinder.
- Knead the minced meat well with your hands until you get a sticky, uniform mass. Then fold in the cheese cubes evenly.
- Then fill the meat and cheese mixture into the intestine and twist off to the desired length.
- Hang the käskrainer overnight in a cool room to redden.
- The next day, smoke the käskrainer for 1 1/2 hours over beech shavings at 60-70 degrees.
- Then brew in 70 degrees warm water for half an hour, rinse in cold water.
- Now the first cheese can be eaten with pleasure and the rest can be frozen in portions.
Share on social networks
(*) The products advertised in the article are so-called affiliate links. If you click on such an affiliate link and shop via this link, I will receive a commission from the online shop or provider concerned. For you the price doesn't change.
- How were neutrinos discovered
- What is the use of HRIG vaccine
- Is tapmi wirth for pgdm
- Who is the most famous German artist
- What is the purpose of animated videos
- Have you ever incorrectly blocked someone?
- What is a literacy week
- What is engine failure
- Readers can be writers
- Is the Melbourne Cup cruel to horses
- Who are the Brazilian Y Combinator Companies
- What are some rude gestures in Haiti
- Is Mogotix a threat to Eventbrite
- What is life after engineering
- Why can't we prove psychology mathematically?
- How many large companies have left Google
- Deleting a computer removes viruses
- How do I restart a PS3
- Tel Aviv is unsafe for European travelers
- How birds drink in icy weather
- What is your decision mantra
- What is a Social Media Strategist
- What is an occasional pervert
- Why do narcissists seem so angry