Is a square actually a trapezoid
In geometry, a square is a figure of the plane. It always has four corners and four sides. A square can still have different shapes because the sides and angles can be of different sizes. The lines that connect the opposite corners of a square are called diagonals.
If the sides or angles of a quadrilateral meet special conditions, then the quadrilaterals have specific names. There are trapezoids, parallelograms, diamonds, dragon squares, rectangles or squares. If none of these apply to a square, then it's called an irregular square.
With a trapezoid, two opposite sides are parallel and two can somehow lie, no matter how. If both pairs of sides are parallel, one speaks of a parallelogram. If both pairs of sides are parallel to each other and all sides are of the same length, then the square is called a diamond or rhombus.
If the diagonals are at right angles to each other, i.e. ninety degrees, one speaks of a dragon square. If all corners of a square are right-angled, this is called a rectangle. A rectangle with four sides of equal length is called a square.
Why is a square also a trapezoid?
There are often several names for quadrilaterals. But so that you know as exactly as possible what the square looks like, you usually take the name that best describes it.
If you have a square in front of you, then of course it is also a trapezoid: two opposite sides are parallel. The other two sides of the trapezoid can be in any position, so in special cases they can be parallel to each other. In this way you can name many quadrilaterals multiple times.
A square can therefore be viewed as a special case of a trapezoid, a parallelogram, a dragon square, a diamond (a rhombus) and a rectangle. Nevertheless one says square because that is the clearest description. The square is the most special rectangle.
A rectangle is also a parallelogram and also a trapezoid. But it is not a diamond, for example, because not all four sides are the same length. A diamond is also a parallelogram and a parallelogram is a special case of a trapezoid.
This is an irregular square.
The logo of the football club Werder Bremen uses a diamond.
Many things are in the shape of a square, like this bowl.
- How should I invest my child's savings?
- How do we say Nani in German
- Are girls better than boys at learning
- Writers Fiction How do you write
- How often are courses offered by MongoDB University
- How do you make a hammer yourself
- Are Linux distributions operating systems
- What are widgets for the home screen
- Does AdWords group text affect AdWords performance
- What made you start a medical career
- What is the craziest company logo ever
- Is advertising on Facebook or LinkedIn effective?
- What is meant by the semantics of objects
- What is the biggest fish
- You Can Make Money When You Are Mental
- What if Pubg is as popular as Fortnite
- Is social networking safe for children
- Why are piggy banks pig-like
- How do I test my writing speed
- What is Traeger
- How was your purchase of a used electric vehicle
- What are the weaknesses of the lawyers
- What is the best vitamin D3
- What are the symptoms of tonsillitis 1
- How many countries are members of BIMSTEC
- Why are photos expensive
- PNB shares will go high
- How would you translate into English
- Which is the best motivating YouTube channel
- What does science tell us about science
- Networking is a waste of time
- Why do we have galaxies
- What are the 10 medicinal plants
- Regret buying a Kindle