What are the main basics of computer science
The basics of computer science
What is "Computer Science" and Co all about?
When we hear the term computer science, we usually immediately think of computers, because after all, the field is often referred to as computer science. However, this relatively young science naturally includes significantly more areas. The modern smartphones, microwave ovens or even the dishwasher are products that contain this kind of computer science, but what exactly is the term?
What is computer science?
"Computer science is the science of automated data processing"
The term computer science is made up of the words "information" and "automatic" (or "mathematics"), so that computer science can be described as a science that deals with the automated processing of various information - especially in digital computers.
What are the basics of computer science?
Today, computer science and automated data processing have become an indispensable part of our everyday lives and, moreover, they are developing extremely rapidly. New innovations regularly come onto the market that support us both professionally and in our private lives. Due to the enormous number of computers that we use every day and the information technology associated with them, it is important that we at least deal with their basics - because such knowledge helps on many levels, such as when dealing with software, apps or innovative programs . Hardware and technical knowledge are also important today in order to more easily understand the structure and contents of various devices and to be able to operate them more effectively.
In the area of computer science basics, a foundation is laid for the comprehensive topic of computer science so that we can develop an understanding of how this area of science works in everyday life and which special features are inevitably associated with it.
What are the main components of computer science, what knowledge do I need?
Computer science combines several sub-disciplines, with theoretical and practical computer science being the two main components. Theoretical computer science is responsible for the mathematical part and is basically to be understood as a basic framework. Every application that is used to process information consists of algorithms that describe the respective processing sequence. Theoretical computer science has the task of assessing these algorithms in terms of runtime and resource requirements and, if necessary, optimizing them.
Practical computer science is another branch of computer science. Software programming and software technology are primarily located in this area. This area deals primarily with the development of various applications with the aid of a programming language. In principle, it is about the implementation of the algorithms devised in theoretical computer science.
What disciplines are there?
In addition to technical and practical computer science, there are also some special disciplines. This includes bioinformatics, which deals with problems from the life sciences and tries to solve them with computer-aided methods. Other sub-areas of the are business informatics, as well as mechanical engineering and technical computer science, which deals with computer hardware. But fundamentally there are still many, often less well-known sub-disciplines, because in the last few years an enormous variety of "hyphenated computer science" (computer science) disciplines has emerged:
- Socioinformatics: deals with the interactions between software systems and social groups.
- Legal informatics: deals with various legally relevant topics such as data protection.
- Social informatics
- Media informatics
- Environmental informatics: deals with the analysis and evaluation of environmental issues.
- Computational linguistics
- Geoinformatics: collects and evaluates geographic information (about the climate, the nature of the earth's surface, etc.).
- Information management
- and many more
Conclusion: The basics of computer science
In today's technology age, we are surrounded every day by technical devices and programs that make everyday life immensely easier for us, both privately and professionally, and at the same time more beautiful. Of course, a lot will probably happen over the next few years and so numerous technical innovations will conquer the world again. For those who want to advance professionally, the basics of this science are just as important as for those who would like to use their smartphone and notebook effectively to the full.
It's just important that we understand how the technology works around us.
- Who gave Charlie Chaplin his big break
- Which breed of dog most closely resembles an Ewok?
- Why do I laugh at everything
- What is the importance of computer technology
- May girls be picked up
- What is the size M10
- What happened in St. Petersburg today
- Makes Netflix an ad-supported layer
- What types of linked lists are there
- Chocolate is big in Russia
- Which images are free of copyright
- Why is Gaster a secret in Undertale
- How are physical health and burnout related?
- How do you get into falconry
- What's your favorite NCT Dream song
- Will miss the little moments in life
- What are shipping people
- What happened in the Aberfan disaster in 1966
- Is Kenza a Muslim girl name
- What are some common pastimes in Russia
- Lime can lighten the skin
- Shayari or poetry dies in India
- Do doctors and scientists believe in spirits
- What are masterful skills