Helps drinking water with diverticulitis
Tips for people with diverticulosis
However, changing your diet is not easy, especially when you are at work and don't have much time to shop. Nevertheless, try to eat healthily and consume sufficient fiber: a muesli in the morning, an apple as a snack, a salad or vegetables as a side dish for lunch or dinner, wholemeal bread instead of white bread. Put a bowl of fruit on your desk and pick it up regularly.
Stress at work leads to constipation for many people. This is easy to explain: When stressed, the body activates the sympathetic nervous system, which slows down digestion. So don't let psychological stress get too close to you. Relaxation exercises can help to switch off. These promote digestion and bowel movements.
However, give your intestines time when changing your diet. The intestine often only reacts to the other food with a delay. For some, a high-fiber diet can have unpleasant side effects: The fiber is broken down by bacteria in the intestines. This creates gases that can lead to flatulence. After a while, the intestine has usually got used to the other diet and the flatulence subsides. Regular exercise can also help get the bowel moving.
Tips for changing your diet
If you want to change your diet and consume more fiber, you should slowly increase the amount of fiber in your diet. Anyone who has been taking laxatives for years with chronic constipation should stop taking the medication slowly.
Health food stores or health food stores recommend enriching the food with wheat bran or ground flaxseed to get the digestion going. However, natural high-fiber foods such as whole grain products, muesli, legumes, vegetables, fruit, potatoes, dried fruits and nuts are even healthier (see table). Nutritionists recommend 30 grams of fiber per day. In the case of constipation, it can be up to 40 grams. This amount is included in the following "daily schedule", for example:
Fiber content (in grams)
3 slices of wholemeal rye bread (150)
2 slices of graham bread (100)
3 large potatoes (250)
2 large carrots (200)
1 medium apple (150)
1 medium pear (150)
Unpleasant flatulence can occur, especially at the beginning of the change in diet. It is therefore important to gradually change your diet. First, you can start eating more fruits and vegetables. Later you can swap white or mixed bread for whole grain bread. Whole grain crispbread and graham bread are particularly easy to digest. It is ideal to start the day with whole grain muesli with yogurt, sour milk or kefir. With the dairy products you also absorb "good" bacteria, which ensure a healthy intestinal flora. Dried fruits can be used for sweetening. These also promote digestion.
In a diet rich in fiber, it is important to drink enough: only with sufficient liquid can the fiber swell well and the stool glides better. Nutritionists recommend drinking at least one and a half liters, preferably 2 liters, every day. Tap or mineral water, herbal teas, diluted vegetable or fruit juices are best. Drinking is especially important for those who like to enrich their food with bran: Wheat bran binds about 4 to 5 times its weight in water. So you should drink about 250 milliliters of water per 1-2 tablespoons of bran, otherwise a "bran plug" will result.
Tips for constipation
- Massage your stomach regularly
- In the morning, drink a glass of orange juice or a glass of lukewarm water on an empty stomach
- Drink the juice of soaked prunes
- Eat a large serving of sauerkraut or ten soaked prunes
- Start the day with a cereal that you added bran to.
- Is there a music band in Varanasi
- Do 12 12 9
- Smoked John Kennedy
- How can a laptop be tracked
- What is the oldest online business still running
- A laptop is compulsory for a student
- What else is there besides computer programming
- What is America's problem with communism
- What is the weakness of Tom Cruise
- Likes Snoopy Charlie Brown
- Why did Matthew Bates block Ken Wang
- How much is 5 65 Mbit / s
- What are the symptoms after taking thallium?
- Why is physics so difficult
- How many kB are in one GB
- How does trauma affect mental health?
- Uses Microsoft Linux-based products
- Which chain pizza is the worst
- How does the brain control the muscles
- How did the Madhatter sentence begin?
- What is your opinion on Sean Hannity
- Have you ever met Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is Ambedkar University better than Delhi University
- How do you become an image consultant
- Finished BTS
- When is mean good
- How do you get a traffic ticket
- Can you reverse sex reassignment surgery?
- Why did Tenochtitlan disappear?
- Why is Starbucks not popular in India
- What is ethylene gas
- How is Hawaii wider than Alaska
- In general, Nobel Prizes are awarded fairly
- Cellulose can be hydrolyzed by most animals