Why is shipping to London so expensive
After Brexit: Shipping to Great Britain is now subject to duty
Berlin / Bonn (dpa / tmn) - Whether shopping for clothes online or quickly sending a parcel to friends: Thanks to the customs union, shipping goods within the EU is quite uncomplicated. Since Brexit, however, Great Britain has no longer been part of it - and that has an impact on the shipping of parcels and parcels.
New prices have been in effect here since the beginning of the year. With the Deutsche Post DHL provider, shipping a package weighing up to 5 kilograms in the branch now costs 29.99 euros - in all other EU countries it is 17.99 euros in this category.
And: Where previously the parcel could simply be sent off, a customs declaration or commercial invoice must now be enclosed depending on the shipment. This includes, for example, the description and the value of the goods to be shipped. Instructions on how to fill out the customs declaration can be found on the website of the provider Deutsche Post DHL.
Customs declaration must be completed
If the franking is done online, the data for the customs declaration can be entered in an entry mask and printed out, depending on the provider. Whether online or in the store: in any case, the completed declaration of contents must be attached to the outside of the address side of the parcel in a transparent mailer.
But also parcels and parcels from Great Britain to Germany have become customs duty with the turn of the year. "The import of goods from Great Britain is now handled in the same way at customs as from other countries outside the EU," explains André Lenz, deputy press spokesman for the General Customs Directorate in Bonn.
Import duties depending on the type and value of the goods
Whether duties or taxes are incurred depends on the type and value of the goods. So the package sent as a gift from the aunt from England remains duty-free - as long as it does not exceed a value of 45 euros. Even smaller online orders with a goods value of up to 22 euros can generally be introduced without taxes.
If this value is exceeded, import sales tax, consumption tax and, if applicable, a customs duty are added. More detailed information can be found on the customs website. So if you just order a pair of designer shoes or an electronic device from the United Kingdom, you should expect additional fees.
Due to the changeover, shipping times may also be longer. The customs expert advises: "For fast delivery, it is important that the documents and information required for customs clearance are available and plausible." If the information is incorrect or incomplete, there may be delays.
more on the subject
- How do I save my eBay search
- Why did you move to Scotland
- What is the salvation of God
- What scholarships are offered in India
- Has oatmeal protein
- What foods do inmates eat in prison?
- Why are verbs difficult to learn
- What's wrong with Tile
- What is IPv4 compared to a gateway address
- Is Trump detached from reality
- Lithium grows parts of your brain
- How is the financial policy applied
- Are storms on Jupiter octagonal
- Is the word jealous overused
- Quantum Mechanics Prove God's Existence
- What is the M code in the CNC
- Where do you upload photos and videos
- What is the best description
- Care is a substitute for planning
- What is your decision mantra
- Would homosexuality negatively affect the population?
- Will Honor 6X gets the nougat update
- How do I use a photocopier
- Networking is a waste of time