How is the drainage system installed
The roof of every house is a meeting point for a relatively large amount of rainfall. Therefore, having an organized system for their removal is one of the very important tasks to be addressed when building different types of structures. There are two types of gutter systems: disorganized and organized. It is easy to guess that the former have many shortcomings. They let the rainwater flow randomly and fall on the sidewalks, thereby destroying the basement of the room and its foundation.
- The benefits of organized drainage
- What materials are used in the arrangement of drainage systems?
- Design the video
- Installation of a drainage system the video
The benefits of organized drainage
Lean owners usually plan organized drainage systems of the roof, which will more reliably protect the foundation from moisture, and the building itself - it directly hits the facade of the rainwater. This method of arranging gutter systems is more popular because it prevents the additional cost of properly maintaining the facade and disrupts the process of shrinking the structure.
Water drained up to a certain distance from the building can be used to irrigate the garden or flower beds if necessary, and its excess can be discharged into a storm sewer or sewer system. A properly equipped drainage system, the profile of which in texture and color is successfully combined with the roofing material, is a decorative element that gives the building a complete, individual and elegant look.
What materials are used in the installation of the drainage system?
In the construction market today, the choice of materials for arranging gutters is quite large. The task, most likely, is to find not only the most beautiful, but also the most practical, reliable and durable from this rich range. Although the material from which the roof is made has almost no effect on the installation of the drainage system, it is extremely desirable that both elements of the building be combined in color and texture. The ideal option is to stop at a manufacturer's selection of materials.
The most common materials commonly used in the installation of drainage systems are metal and plastic PVC pipes.
- Galvanized steel coated with polymeric materials is corrosion-resistant, wear-resistant, is not afraid of direct sunlight and has a wide range of colors. Installation work from a material of this quality is quick and easy and can be carried out independently. Good strength properties, the ability to withstand heavy loads from snow and ice, moderate linear expansion with temperature changes allow the use of such materials even in harsh climatic conditions. More expensive copper gutters are reliable, have a long service life and are particularly decorative. During operation, they are covered with a patina, the noble appearance of which gives the entire building a special charm.
- PVC gutters are lightweight, non-corrosive, noiseless and can restore their original shape after being deformed. Sets of plastic gutters usually contain structural elements with non-standard angles. Installation of gutter systems of houses with bay windows in their application can be greatly simplified. The color scheme is characterized by a variety of shades, prices are much lower than metal paints.
After choosing a material that is suitable for quality and cost, you can start calculating the drainage system. The operational qualities then depend on a competent approach. The following is taken into account:
- roof area
- their bias
- location and number of required drainage points,
- as well as the precipitation intensity characteristic of the area. This data can be obtained through a detailed study of the construction plan.
The design provides for the creation of a system that complies with the rules and regulations and is carried out individually for each building. Special fasteners for walls and cornices are required to install a drainage system.
In winter there is a risk of ice building up in the drainage pipes. In this case, water flows through the mash and forms icicles. To avoid this negative phenomenon, they resort to the installation of anti-icing systems based on heating cables. Ultimately, the cost of creating such a system is paid for by minimizing the cost of repairing the roof and gutters. The running costs are not high as this only works when there is a risk of ice jams and icicles, and even then with minimal energy consumption. It is also recommended that you plan for the placement of vertical pipes on the sunny side of the structure.
Installation of a drainage system
The external gutter system consists of: a vertical pipe, a gutter and a funnel. When installing the gutter system, certain standards must be observed. The instruction warns that the inclination of the gutters must be strictly observed. They should be around 2-3 cm per linear meter. The number of drainage pipes depends on the intensity of precipitation in the warm season.
The permissible length of the gutter from which a downpipe receives water is 10 m. With an open gutter system, the gutters are installed along the eaves or, in the case of parapets on the roof, along the parapet - with the inside. In the conditions of frequent heavy rains, it is more rational to use square pipes - they have a large throughput. In fact, the system is calculated according to GOST, taking into account the area of the sloping ceilings.
The installation of the drainage system is carried out by fastening the pipes with brackets, which are attached to the surface with galvanized metal pins or coated with an anti-corrosion compound.
The entry should be based on the following rules:
- Vertical drains are installed at a distance of at least 5-7 mm from the wall.
- If the overhang of the cornice is expanded to a greater distance, then the installation of transition elements, especially the knees, is provided.
- During assembly, the connections must be tight while the connections are folded and glued. Welding, rubber seals are used. Each of the connection methods has its drawbacks. For example, with cold welding there is a risk of cracks during mechanical deformation. Disassembling the glued parts will take a long time. The quality of rubber seals is compromised by sudden changes in ambient temperature.
When choosing a drain installation option, consider the properties of the materials used, the complexity and complexity of the assembly process itself. The work can be entrusted to professionals, but with a serious attitude to the subject, you can take care of it yourself.
- Why is gravity g always negative
- Where does Indian superstition come from?
- What is the fastest Usenet provider
- What is a slippery slope? Logical fallacy
- What is the country code for Martinique
- What are you currently studying or researching?
- Why was Alexander Hamilton so important
- Can descendants of Byzantine emperors reclaim a throne
- How do I fix myself in posture
- What was your nickname during elementary school
- Is the system optimization good for a laptop?
- Do students pursue an apprenticeship after the NDA
- What is demyelination disorder
- Will job funding decrease or not
- Where can I find out about antique reviews
- Why is extramarital sex wrong
- What's the essence of being gay?
- Do you think Serena Williams is beautiful?
- What is common to all compression algorithms
- What was cool about today
- Can play Amazon Echo local FM stations
- How do we see stars that move
- What computer programs do NASA researchers use
- What does it cost to sell Avon