Why choose Oracle
Connect to an Oracle database from Power Apps
- 2 minutes to read
After you've connected to an Oracle database and created an app in Power Apps, you can list tables in the Oracle database and create, read, and update table rows. The connection to the Oracle database supports the full delegation of filters, sorting and other functions, but not triggers and stored procedures.
- Oracle 9 and higher
- Oracle client software version 8.1.7 and higher
- Installation of a local data gateway
- Install the Oracle Client SDK
Install a local data gateway
Follow the steps in this tutorial to install a gateway.
A local data gateway acts as a bridge and provides fast and secure data transfer between local data (data that is not in the cloud) and Power BI, Power Automate, Logic Apps and Power Apps services. You can use the same gateway for multiple services and multiple data sources. For more information, see Understanding Gateways.
Install the Oracle client
Install 64-bit ODAC 12c version 4 (18.104.22.168.4) for Windows x64 on the computer on which the local data gateway is located. Otherwise, you will see an error when you try to create or use the connection as described in the Known Issues List.
Create an app from a table in an Oracle database
Go to Power Apps.
Select in the left pane Create out.
Choose Other data sources in the section Start with dates out.
Choose New connection.
Select in the connection list Oracle Database out.
Enter the name of an Oracle server, a user name, and a password.
Enter a server in the following format if a SID is required:
Select the gateway you want to use or install a gateway.
If your gateway is not displayed after installation, select Update gateway list out.
Choose Create to create the connection.
Select the default-DataSet.
In the table list, select the one you want to use.
Choose Connectto build the app.
Power Apps An app is created that has three screens and displays the data from the table you selected:
- BrowseScreen1 lists all entries in the table.
- DetailScreen1 provides more information about a single entry.
- EditScreen1 lets users update or create an entry.
- To save the app you just generated, press Ctrl + S.
- Learn how to customize BrowseScreen1 (shown by default), see Customizing a Layout.
- Learn how to customize DetailsScreen1 or EditScreen1 see Customizing Forms.
Known issues, tips, and troubleshooting
The gateway cannot be reached.
This error is displayed when the on-premises data gateway cannot connect to the cloud. To check the status of the gateway, log in to powerapps.microsoft.com, select Gateways and then the gateway that you want to use.
Make sure the gateway is running and able to connect to the internet. Do not install the gateway on a computer that might turn off or go into sleep mode. You might also be able to fix the problem by restarting the local data gateway service (PBIEgwService).
System.Data.OracleClient requires version 8.1.7 or higher of the Oracle client software.
This error appears when the Oracle Client SDK is not installed on the same computer as the local data gateway. To fix the problem, install the software from the official provider.
No key columns are defined for the table "[table name]".
This error appears when you connect to a table that does not contain a primary key. This is required for the connection to the Oracle database.
Stored procedures, composite key tables, and nested object types in tables are not directly supported in Power Apps. However, stored procedures that use Power Automate are supported.
Is this page helpful?
- Why is shipping to London so expensive
- How has art changed
- How is Angola's economy
- Where to stay in Waikiki
- Should I pay for social media advertising?
- STUDY ABROAD STASTICAL with JAGDEEP
- Why did the Anzacs end up in Gallipoli
- What inspires children to collect coins
- What is the total budget
- What does the French word traducteur mean
- MailChimp is easy to learn
- What celebrities live in NYC
- What are your favorite songs from ESC 2014
- What does the surname Swaddle mean
- Download subliminal from YouTube
- What food do I need for bodybuilding
- Has austerity worked in Ireland
- How is Viagra made
- How can I use Samsung Pay
- How can I teach Arabic online
- What was the importance of C.
- What is the principle of google translate
- In which arrondissement is the Palace of Versailles located
- What's your favorite NCT Dream song