What tests are carried out for blood donors
Every blood donation is examined with highly sensitive methods in our central laboratories immediately after the blood donation.
These examinations include:
- blood grouping according to the AB0 system
- the determination of the Rhesus factor
- an examination for irregular blood group antibodies
- testing for antibodies or antigens against
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- direct virus detection using nucleic acid amplification technology (PCR test) for the following virus types:
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
- Parvovirus B19
Only after the blood donation examinations have been completed is the blood released for patient care. This takes place approx. 24 hours after your blood donation.
Up to three different blood preparations are made from each blood donation
Every “whole blood donation” results in 2 or 3 different preparations made from red blood cells (erythrocytes), blood platelets (thrombocytes) or plasma. The white blood cells (leukocytes) are removed from all blood preparations as they are responsible for a number of undesirable side effects of blood transfusion.
Pharmaceutical blood preparations are manufactured strictly in accordance with the hemotherapy guidelines issued in Germany by the German Medical Association in agreement with the Paul Ehrlich Institute.
Research and Development
And because we are not resting with the security standard we have achieved, we are continuing to research to make your blood donation even safer and better tolerated for the recipients. Without the DRK blood donation services, there would be no PCR testing of blood donations that could be financed by the health system. The extensive removal of leukocytes is also the result of many years of work by the DRK blood donation services.
- Programmable thermostats save money
- Why do people like frying the show
- How is solar energy converted into electricity
- Who can rent a safe
- Is Nessie real
- Why are you proud to have Asperger's
- Why did you and your spouse run away
- What does a perfect girl need
- Are genes and alleles the same
- How do you find your genre singing
- Can we use 4g in 3g sim
- Why is peak oil a problem
- How are big data and Hadoop helpful
- What is TNT Tracking
- How do you effectively repair gaps in knowledge
- Who should I trust on eBay
- How effective are surface-to-air missiles
- What is measurement and control
- Why was Google shut down
- How can counseling benefit young adults?
- What is software design in Agile 1
- Why do some people sleep so much
- Do you remember what you read
- Which show is similar to Friends