How cellular networks work
|A cellular network is a network in the literal sense of the word: It is geographically divided into many adjoining radio cells, i.e. it has a cellular structure. Because the size of the radio cells is limited, the available radio channels can be used optimally: only by separating the cells spatially, the same frequencies can be used again at a sufficient distance. This is necessary because the number of existing radio channels is limited by state licensing.|
|Building a good cellular network is a real Herculean task. Customer needs change quickly and the network has to be adapted accordingly.|
|Aurora Soares, Director Network Rollout, Salt Mobile SA|
|The individual radio cells are usually built in a honeycomb shape and have very different sizes. In inner cities, where they only have to cover a few rows of houses, the cells sometimes measure less than 100 meters in diameter. In rural areas, however, there are also cells with a diameter of several kilometers.|
|Comparison of urban-rural distribution density of base stations|
|Limited capacity of the cells|
Each radio cell is supplied by a so-called cellular base station. These permanently installed transmitting and receiving systems form the nodes of the cellular networks. Since each transmitter in a cellular cell can only supply a limited number of users, the steadily increasing demand for transmission capacities over the past few years has meant that operators have had to increase the number of cellular radio transmitters and thus also the number of radio cells. In this way, so-called high-load areas such as inner cities, airports or train stations can be supplied in a more targeted and efficient manner through the specific cut of the radio cells.
|Complex structure of the cellular network|
|The characteristics of a cellular network can thus be adapted to the needs of the user, so that sufficient transmission capacity, high quality of voice and data transmission with low error rates and area-wide usability - if possible also within buildings - are guaranteed.|
- How is kleptomania treated
- Can i bring you anything
- Is SQLite free
- Fit bangs into any face shape
- Are all Holden cars re-bathed
- What is the Spanish translation for wish
- What are the myths about Eastern Europe
- What is a big mole or a big molecule
- How can love be distinguished from attraction?
- How does human sexual reproduction happen?
- What are common courses for PhD database systems
- What interesting facts are worth knowing
- How did Macklemore get his name?
- What makes an equation relativistic
- Apostle Peter went to Rome
- Why am I weak in math?
- How do you go live on Instagram
- How much do you love the monsoon season
- How do you rate CareerFoundry
- How do I configure DHCP for failover
- What are intermolecular forces in ideal gases
- Do cows really produce milk for humans?
- Can we boil water with boiling water?
- Would homosexuality negatively affect the population?