Goes enough for 45 minutes a day
Jogging: the best time to run
Questions about the optimal running time cannot be answered across the board, we have to establish that briefly in advance. Firstly, good running training is tailored to the goal on the one hand (starting running, losing weight or marathon?) And, on the other hand, to the training person (age, fitness level, etc.). Second, running training consists of many different workouts - long, slow jogging laps, shorter brisk runs, and everything in between. In a skilful interaction, this leads to you becoming healthier, fitter and faster.
Entry-level offer:Test 3 issues of RUNNER’S WORLD and secure a premium!
What is the duration of a run based on?
In the training planning, the duration of the individual runs depends on the one hand on the Training level, on the other hand after the Goal of the training. You can gradually increase the range with increasing running experience, which is also necessary in order to be able to run longer distances such as a marathon without a break. On the other hand, it also plays intensity a role: The more stressful the unit, i.e. the higher the speed or the more profiled the terrain, the shorter the run can or must be. It depends on what you are trying to achieve with each run and exercise as a whole.
How long should I jog at least?
If running is about staying fit in general, i.e. training your cardiovascular system, then it is enough to Running for 20 minutes three times a week. And you can even go below this mark: even flash units of just ten minutes have positive effects on fitness and weight control. Two such units are almost as good as a 20-minute run.
Even 10 minutes of running is enough for fitness, health and weight loss
So even if you only 10 minutes, 15 minutes or 20 minutes If you have time, it pays to lace up your running shoes and run a lap. Your health and fitness will benefit from it in any case, and the short runs are also suitable for losing weight. This is also shown by a study:
For this study by Stanford University (USA), two training programs with running units of different lengths were compared. One group ran for 30 minutes straight at moderate intensity for five days in a row. A second group also ran three 10-minute units a day for five consecutive days at the same intensity (with at least four-hour breaks between the units). Result: After eight weeks, the participants in both groups showed one Their endurance was improved by twelve percent, their average heart rate had dropped by six beats and they had lost an average of 1.8 kilos.
Conclusion of the study: Obviously, a similar level of fitness can be achieved with short units as with longer ones.
Longer workouts for increased performance
However, the study also showed that the 30-minute units had a exercise physiological advantage had: They improved the maximum oxygen uptake capacity by 14 percent compared to only eight percent in the other group.
Another study found that three 35- to 45-minute units per week improved maximum oxygen uptake more than five runs of the same intensity of 25 to 35 minutes, despite the higher training frequency and overall duration of the second program. Possible explanation: The first two minutes of every run are of little use because the increased amount of oxygen alone takes that long to get through the bloodstream to the cells. Only when oxygen consumption (due to the stress) and oxygen supply from the energy metabolism are in equilibrium does the training promote this aerobic endurance. And with a 10-minute run, two “useless” minutes are more important than with 30 or 40 minutes. In addition, the slow muscle fibers tire with longer running times. The fast muscle fibers jump in and “learn” to work aerobically. The result: an overall increased aerobic capacity and improved endurance.
Conclusion: every run counts
No matter how short, 10 minutes of running or 20 minutes of jogging are enough for a training effect and have a positive effect on health, well-being and weight control! However, if you have an eye on increasing performance or even taking part in competitions, longer runs and a varied training program make sense. You can find suitable training plans with precise specifications regarding duration and speed of the individual training units here:
All training plans from RUNNER'S WORLD
- Is not really useful with a certificate
- What is Jesse Koeche guitar brand
- Dad's long legs can bite people
- What are the books for nadi astrology
- What is the most effective organizational model
- Chartboost only advertises games
- What is the advantage of CA
- Firearms would work in low-oxygen areas
- Who sang the song Rocky Top
- What are some basic flood control strategies
- What is the intrinsic value in ethics
- What does Delta T mean in chemistry
- Why is there mass migration
- What is the intent behind the law
- Has Liz Rodriguez ever played with Eminem
- Are books better than cell phones?
- In parenting, how liberal is too liberal
- Why is British Steel fighting
- QR codes require a white background
- At what price would you sell bitcoins
- What is an irrational thing you like
- Who is India's First Whistleblower
- What does not offend people these days
- How scientists discover exoplanets
- What makes a conspiracy theory convincing
- Have you reached your limit?
- How was the army of Genghis Khan organized
- How can I feel love 1
- Which is your favorite shopping mall
- What are the main pains in hiring managers
- Who is the head of the GST Council
- How many times have you left Quora
- What is a macroergic bond
- How does the iPhone 6 camera work