What are some romantic Rabindra Sangeet
with music, songs and poetry by Rabindranath Tagore
("Polashful", spring blossom of the forest in Bengal)
Saturday, May 6th, 2017, at 2 p.m.
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
SBII building, Kolonel-Kleinmann-Weg 2
(For a map of the University of Mainz see below)
Indology department at the Gutenberg Institute for World Literature and Script-Oriented Media
Welcome and Introduction(Dr. A. Banerjee)
Bengali songsr - Rabindrasangeet (Debashis Bagchi - singer from Calcuta)
Video presentation: Spring Festival in Shantiniketan
About German romanticism(Dr. A. Banerjee)
Tagore and Goeth's dream womene (Dichterpflänzchen e.V.)
LectureThe artist Rabindranath Tagore (Nina Obstoi, M.A.)
LectureInfluence of Rabindranath Tagore in Srilanka (Dr. Susanne Wengoborski)
Musical performancesfor spring awakening (Ilse Schröer)
Dream women from Tagore and Goethe
About the poet Rabindranath Tagore's love for Victoria Ocampo
and that of Johann Wolfgang Goethe to Marianne von Willemer.
Both poets have always met these dream women as ideals in their poems. It is a fateful coincidence that these heavenly beings appear "in person" to both of them at the age of over 60.
There are some parallels between the poets and their dream women, but there are also different cultural conditions, the different traits of women - and of poets. There is no doubt the strong influence that both women exert on the emotional state of great men. The fascination, enthusiasm and bond extend to an intimate dialogue with the soul, a kinship.
The advantage with poets is that they write down everything that moves them in the soul and put it in rhyme. That is why we can find and imagine these love relationships in poems.
The first thing you notice is the age difference between the lovers.
Rabindranath Tagore, the Indian poet, was 63 years old when he met his Argentinian admirer Victoria Ocampo, who was almost 30 years his junior.
Johann Wolfgang Goethe, the German poet, was 65 years old when he fell in love with Marianne von Willemer, 35 years his junior.
Both women were wealthy, educated and lived in privileged positions. Viktoria Ocampo had an inheritance of millions and was single, Marianne von Willemer was married to a Frankfurt banker.
Goethe and Marianne came from Germany, linguistic communication was unproblematic. Tagore, however, from India, was only able to communicate with Viktoria the Argentine in English.
It is astonishing that for both lovers the time in which they could really be together was astonishingly short; but the memory lasted until the end of life.
- How can analytics improve business
- How is it Windows 10 malware?
- How do you make your tea
- What was your experience after death
- Mechatronics engineers are required to study chemistry
- What is 6 53 CGPA as a percentage
- What are the main disadvantages of GST
- Why wasn't polio eradicated?
- What will the dividend for apple 2020 be
- What do amphibians look like
- Is drop surfing a scam
- Which mortgage lender in Phoenix, Arizona
- What is the largest inflatable boat
- What 10 things to do in Japan
- How can I improve myself in competitive video games
- What was different about the Neanderthal brain
- What are some business models for writers
- How do I calculate the finished floor height
- What is a Grammy
- Why is benzene a soft base
- Where can I learn about Hindu spirituality
- What is free but has great value
- Can run FileZilla SSH
- What is a theater