What is the best combi boiler
Wood heating systems put to the test: which boiler is the best?
Heating with wood has many advantages. If you want to use wood heating for new buildings or renovations, the first question is which wood heating is most convincing in the test. But there is no such thing as the best wood heating system: every system has advantages and disadvantages and is best suited for a specific area of application. Read how you can make a safe choice on Efficiency House Online!
Many advantages and a large selection: wood heating systems put to the test
Those who heat with wood use a CO2-neutral heat source. Regardless of whether it is pellets, logs or wood chips: the fuel is cheap, independent of imports and has a good future forecast. On the other hand, there is the high purchase price of most wood heating systems compared to comparable gas and oil boilers. This is due to the fact that conventional boilers are, on the one hand, less complex and, on the other hand, are produced in larger numbers. The following information on the price range of the respective wood heating systems relates to the complete system: With boiler or heating device, buffer storage, control device and other components and the assembly.
Pellet boiler: convenient and powerful
The pellet heating convinced as a wood heating in the test with high ease of use and reliable performance. Thanks to automatic loading and cleaning, it is hardly inferior to gas heating in terms of ease of use. The temperature can be reliably maintained even if you are absent for a longer period of time. The inexpensive wood pellets guarantee long-term low consumption costs. The high acquisition costs, which are also caused by fuel storage and conveyor technology, can clearly pay off. Pellet heating is an interesting solution for single and two-family houses in new buildings and also for renovation of old buildings.
- Efficiency: up to 90 percent
- Price: approx. 10,000 - 21,000 EUR
- Power range: from 10 kW
Wood chip heating: inexpensive heat from biomass
With automatic loading and a largely automated heating process, the wood chip boiler as a wood heating system showed similar advantages to the pellet boiler in the test. The most important difference lies in the price and the calorific value of the fuel. In addition, wood chip boilers need a higher minimum power rating in order to work efficiently. The calorific value of wood chips can fluctuate more than that of pellets. This is due to the water content, which lowers the calorific value. Appropriate storage and drying therefore play an important role. Wood chips are often much cheaper than pellets. The wood chip heating system achieves a good level of efficiency if it works at high output for a long time. The systems therefore produce a relatively large amount of heat and are more suitable for larger objects.
- Efficiency: up to 90 percent
- Price: 12,000 - 24,000 EUR
- Power range: from 20 kW
Log boiler: Log heating with inexpensive wood gasification boiler
A wood gasification boiler is the cheapest wood heating among modern technologies. In the test, it impressed with its easy handling and robust, durable construction. The relatively low price of the boiler can be explained by the simpler construction with fewer components. For this, more manual work is required for loading and cleaning. If you are absent, the device cannot be operated automatically.
Due to the very high nominal output, the technology quickly generates too much heat for smaller and very well insulated single-family houses. Wood gas heating systems are ideal for larger properties such as two-family houses and apartment buildings. Under certain conditions, they are an interesting renovation solution in old buildings.
- Efficiency: up to 86 percent
- Price: 7,000 - 10,000
- Heating capacity: from 20 kW
Fireplace stove: cheap warmth and a nice atmosphere
A simple, free-standing stove is an option for heating smaller objects and individual rooms with little effort. As a water-bearing wood-burning stove, it also provides heating support for an entire building. It can relieve conventional heating, save fossil fuels and elegantly upgrade the room climate. High-quality, water-bearing pellet stoves can also do very well in the test as monovalent wood heating in low-energy houses.
- Efficiency: up to 89 percent
- Price range: 1,000 - 7,000 (depending on the version: water-bearing, pellet stove, room air-independent, etc.)
- Heating capacity: from 4 kW
Choosing the right wood heater
The variety of products and providers makes it difficult to choose. Also, there have so far only been a few meaningful test series by independent institutions on the subject of wood heating. Make a preselection based on the building, the heat demand, the available storage space and the budget! If possible, you can personally view devices in question at an operator you know and use experience reports as a basis for decision-making. You should also pay attention to the availability of customer service: If the screw conveyor jams between Christmas and New Year, fast on-site service is worth its weight in gold. The ideal operation of a wood heating system is only possible with nominal output. In partial load, the devices work inefficiently and burn uncleanly. A large buffer storage tank is therefore mandatory in many configurations in order to make optimal use of the energy from a wood heating system. In order to plan all these details consistently and professionally, there is no substitute for good advice from the heating engineer. He will also advise you on the question of which wood heating systems are subsidized by BAfA and KfW. For private builders, tradespeople and self-employed persons, the application period ends from 2018 before purchasing or ordering the boiler.
|Competent advice, installation and maintenance by experienced heating fitters in your area: Find suitable specialists now in the tradesman search from efficiency house-online!|
Source: Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH
Photo: digitalstock - Fotolia.com
- Why do we express ourselves
- What 10 things to do in Japan
- Why is the Dent token falling
- Is this world a male dominated world?
- I don't know what is Dropbox
- Which Star Trek had the worst writers
- In which arrondissement is the Palace of Versailles located
- What are some ideas for iPhone applications
- Has an MBA degree really helped you
- Are Linux distributions operating systems
- When will lamb be mutton?
- Make ravens good pets 1
- What did cowboys wear around their necks?
- Can cat callers become friends
- How can you trust an opportunist
- What exactly is Google Storage
- In general, Nobel Prizes are awarded fairly
- Why did Uber take over Otto
- Why should organic strawberries have a chemical taste?
- What is a SAP partner
- How is parking in Napa, CA
- What is the future of Carnival in Rios
- A starfish is a necton
- What do landlords want to hear
- Unlisted videos can be copyrighted
- How does human behavior change emotionally nowadays?
- What are the disadvantages of composting
- What is the country code for the Czech Republic
- Why did Orthodoxy separate from Catholicism?
- Is Product Hunt a competitor to Amazon
- Why are horns seen as demonic
- What are some famous French rivers
- How does the trade work
- Will the GST reduce the profits for shopkeepers