Beignets taste similar to funnel cakes
27 desserts in France that will make your mouth water
1. Crème brûlée This egg cream based recipe is covered in a crispy layer of caramel. The dessert is popular all over the world, but it originates from France, which makes it a must for anyone passing through.
2. Profiteroles Profiteroles are balls of flaky dough that are usually filled with whipped cream, vanilla sauce or ice cream. In restaurants they are doused with chocolate ganache, but in bakeries you can usually find them without the chocolate.
3. Soufflé Soufflés can be served as a hearty meal or as a dessert, depending on the ingredients you use. They are usually served in individual casserole dishes, but after piercing the loose surface, you can split and divide the decadent dessert variations.
4. Macarons This popular dessert has jam, buttercream or ganache between the two meringue-based biscuits. It was created in France and while many French bakeries like Ladurée have expanded to other countries, nothing will beat the "mouth-watering" taste of the pastries in their homeland.
Pain au chocolat Eat it for breakfast, eat it as a dessert, eat it as an afternoon snack: this chocolate-filled croissant always tastes good, no matter what time of day
6. Tarte Tatin Tarte Tartin is an upside-down fruit cake traditionally made with caramelized apples and puff pastry. It was made famous by the Hotel Tatin, but similar pieces were also served across the country.
7. Mille-feuille A mille-feuille (means "thousand-leaf" in French) is a layered puff pastry cake filled with pastry cream. Typically, it consists of a dozen thin layers of dough, as the name suggests.
8. Crêpe Like a soufflé, crêpes can be served savory or sweet. If you choose the sweet version for dessert, you should expect fillings such as Nutella, sugar, butter or fruit.
9. Madeleines Madeleines are small sponge cakes that are sometimes flavored with lemon zest. The bowl-shaped delicacies are eaten either straight or covered with jam or coconut flakes. They became a major part of literature.
10. Éclair au chocolat These elongated choux pastry cakes (choux pastry cakes are the crispiest and airiest cakes) are best filled with chocolate pudding and topped with a thick chocolate icing. They are 10 times better than the donut variations that became famous in the USA and are served all over France.
11. L'escargot chocolat pistache If you're not brave enough to try the traditional French escargot, try an L'escargot chocolat pistache cake. The snail-shaped dessert doesn't have any real snails in it, but they contain a melted mix of chocolate and pistachios.
12. Paris-Brest Originally created to commemorate the Paris-Brest-Paris bicycle race of 1910, the chocolate-flavored cream, sitting between two pieces of choux pastry, is still stuck somewhere.
13. Chocolat Many would say that the art of chocolate was perfected in France, so find a local chocolatier and see for yourself if this is true.
14. Petit fours Petit fours are small sweets that are often bought or served in an assortment. These bite-sized cakes are perfect for rehearsals.
15. Clafoutis Clafoutis is a pie-like dessert cake that is commonly made with black berries. He's from the Limousin region so if you're ever in this neighborhood give him a try.
16. Kouign-amann Famous in Brittany, the Kouign-amann is a sweet, crispy cake made from bread dough, sugar and lots of butter. These puffy concoctions taste like caramelized croissants and shouldn't be missed.
17. French Lemon Tartat The French lemon tartat, also known as the tarte au citron, is a spicy, creamy cake that you can find all over France.
18. Canelés These delicate cakes are flavored with vanilla and rum and have a soft pudding center and a caramelized crust. They are a specialty in the Bordeaux region, but you can find them in bakeries and pâtisseries across the country.
19. Bugnes Lyonnaises Often called angel wings, Bugnes Lyonnaise are traditionally eaten on the days leading up to Lent, but can be found all year round. Almost like fritters or funnel cakes, it consists of deep-fried strips of dough covered with powdered sugar.
20. Ispahan Some might think that ispahans are just fancy macarons, but they are actually much, much more. The cakes, which are larger than traditional macarons, are made with the refreshing flavors of strawberries, roses and lychees, and often with fresh fruit.
21. Kouglof This Bundt cake isn't exactly native to France, but you'll eat some of the best here. The light cake is sometimes marbled with chocolate, but almost always with raisins, almonds and kirsch liqueur.
22. Mont Blanc The Mont Blanc is a towering mountain (hence the name) made of pureed, sweetened chestnuts and is usually topped with whipped cream or powdered sugar.
23. Crème Caramel With its soft pudding base and layer of caramel, this dessert is similar to a crème brûlée. This cream dish, however, has a light caramel topping, not like the crispy, caramelized kind you see on a creme brulee.
24. Mousse Au Chocolat It may look dense, but a French mousse is airy and very light, thanks to the whipping techniques of French cake chefs. This dessert will satisfy without being too heavy in it.
25. Meringues These tasty, light desserts are made only from beaten egg whites and sugar, often flavored with almonds, vanilla or lemon. For a traditional meringue, find a shop that makes it with large spoons rather than a piping tube.
26. Flottante This dessert has a tiny bit of meringue floating on a pool of crème anglaise, a milky pudding. Some places will serve a version that has layers of in alcoholic biscuits or jam.
27. Mendiants These delicate chocolate slices are traditionally provided with a dried fig, a hazelnut, a raisin and an almond. You can also add pistachios or other dried fruits, peel and seeds to them.
SJKyutieSuggested ContentView All1
- Will your dream inspire you sometimes
- Bitcoin will crash in 2021
- Do I receive personal money from FAFSA?
- What do people think of BLACKPINK's Jisoo
- How are victimology and criminology different?
- What is an incoming and outgoing roaming call
- What happens next with adultery?
- Has Liz Rodriguez ever played with Eminem
- What kind of BBA are you pursuing
- What are native minerals
- Which is the closest airport to Panchgani
- Why do teachers get you to write essays
- How to easily draw hands
- What's the scariest sound
- How did Arvind Kejriwal become famous
- How is Hamlet a tragic hero
- Which is the best advertising company
- What is an external conflict in literature
- Why is Paytm KYC necessary
- How to Buy More Twitter Followers
- Does balance radiation exist
- The Hawaiian language is still widely spoken
- Who was the first mathcore band
- How can I play for FC Barcelona
- What is plaque made of
- Have computer hearts
- How is the PGDM program from NMIMS Indore
- What is coal tar made of
- How did Swiss pralines become world famous
- Why Everyone Hates Arrow Season 4
- What is Alexander the great IQ
- What should everyone know about drop shipping?