What should I learn in 2018
Tolerance? One can learn!
One can learn to be tolerant
So, although we were all tolerant as children, most of us become more and more intolerant as life goes on. Fortunately, however, this development is not a one-way street, because we can make new decisions every day how we treat our fellow human beings. Ideally, life experience creates a knowledge that otherness is something completely natural. This realization makes tolerant behavior easier. However, tolerance cannot be taken for granted. Day after day, our tolerance is challenged anew at school or university, at work or in our free time. As is so often the case here, too: Practice makes perfect. The following tips will help.
Everyone has the right to express their personal opinion. The first step on the way to more tolerance is to first listen to the other person and try to understand what they are saying. Often something that you initially found completely nonsensical suddenly turns out to be completely conclusive.
Not only expressing your own opinion loudly, but also allowing objective criticism and being open to new thought impulses is a sign of strength and can be a great enrichment.
Recognize intermediate tones
Intolerant people only know two dimensions, right and wrong. In fact, life is much more diverse. Those who accept this get a more realistic picture of reality and automatically become more tolerant.
Don't dramatize mistakes
New York is the largest city in the world? Not exactly, but tolerance also means not judging another person just for talking nonsense. Anyone can be wrong, there is no reason to disapprove of them.
Tolerance also has a positive effect on the relationship with other people, as they feel accepted. As soon as you have consciously experienced that you are recognized for your tolerant behavior, it becomes easier and easier for you.
Admittedly, most of us have one or the other prejudice. It's human, but tolerance often gets in the way. That is why it is important to admit your own prejudices and to put them to the test every now and then.
If you totally reject something, you should go inside and consider whether you are afraid of it for deeper reasons. Because: Fear can be overcome if you know the cause and deal with it.
Very important: Nobody can become a more tolerant person from one day to the next - this requires a longer learning and experience process. That's why you should be patient with yourself and just be happy about every little progress.
- Is OfferUp better than Craigslist
- How much destructive chaos can humanity wreak
- Is mushrooms angiosperms or gymnosperms
- How is Hamlet a tragic hero
- Why is Taemin a member of SuperM
- Can we call the internet the internest?
- Can nitrates be obtained from clippings?
- How cold is it at the IIT Mandi
- What is 2 2 2 5 7
- Why are high schoolers so talkative
- The bicep push-up is a bad exercise
- What is 225 ml corresponds to liters
- When does school end for you?
- What do you mean by legal justification
- How do you start weight training
- Will the US ever destroy Russia first?
- What is the reciprocal of 2
- Sells KP Oli Nepal
- How does a pull horn work
- What are the causes of mucoceles
- What makes you think that you are optimistic
- Is my auto encoder working properly?
- What's your favorite NCT Dream song
- How can we change the world system