What are the uses of pomegranate
How do you eat a pomegranate?
How to cut a pomegranate without leaving a battlefield in the kitchen. (Photo by: GuteKueche.at)
The red pomegranate, sometimes too Apple of paradise called, originally from the Orient. It is said to have been the conscious fruit that Eve gave her Adam, hence the apple of paradise. Today it is mainly grown in the Mediterranean and South America.
The red kernels of the pomegranate taste very fruity and sour, sometimes bitter, and contain a lot of vitamin C. The white meat surrounding the red seeds is not edible.
When is a pomegranate ripe?
A pomegranate no longer ripens, so when shopping you should make sure that you only buy ripe fruit.
A ripe and fresh fruit can be recognized by:
- The bowl should not have any dents or bumps or a dried out flower base.
- The fruit should be very hard, to the touch, rough and cracked, almost woody.
Tip: Soft or discolored spots on the shell indicate a rotten interior.
If stored in a cool place, pomegranates will keep for several weeks or months.
This is how you eat a pomegranate
Only the red, sensitive kernels are used. These are stored in several chambers within the fruit.
Tip: A sharp but not too large knife should be used to open a pomegranate.
There are several ways to gain the cores:
Variant 1 (video):
- Cut away the top end of the pomegranate with a knife (= circular cut).
- Slightly cut into the pomegranate peel from top to bottom with the tip of a knife - ideally along the white dividing lines (= whitish mesocarp) of the individual segments.
- Now take the fruit in your hands and push it apart slightly so that the fruit opens.
- After peeling, the kernels are removed from the fruit one by one and carefully placed in a bowl, from which they can then be used for further use.
- The pomegranate is halved crosswise and placed with the cut surface flat on the left hand, with the fingers spreading.
- If you hit it hard with your right hand, the kernels will fall out. However, this only works when the fruit is ripe.
- Open the fruit as in variant 1.
- Then scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Caution, this creates a very high risk of splashing.
Tip: If you only want to extract the juice of the pomegranate, treat it like a lemon. It is cut in half and squeezed out using a juicer.
The following applies to all methods: The juice of the pomegranate is very colorfast. Since the seeds of the pomegranate tend to splash around when they are removed and juice also escapes, you should dress accordingly. It is difficult for the stains to come out of clothing.
Use in the kitchen
- The pomegranate is very suitable for many leaf salads, Fruit salads and as a decoration on the plate.
- The pomegranate kernels can be enjoyed neat.
- Also tastes very good Lamb's lettuce with pomegranate seeds.
- The fruity, fresh taste of the pomegranate kernels also goes well with a crème brûlée.
- One is a little bit Indian Curry pasta with pomegranate and chicken.
- If you like it, a rice pudding with pomegranate will taste very good.
A few recipe tips:
Rating: Ø 4.0 (1,235 votes)
- Why did Twitter bobby doel suspend thebobbydeol
- Why do people like arts and crafts
- What made Jim Carrey return to Hollywood
- How is Marxism applied to literary criticism
- What do MBAs do with hedge funds
- What is the essence of event marketing
- Are mammals unique in complex teeth
- Why do popping pimples feel so satisfying
- Which ISP providers are good
- What does the French word traducteur mean
- What are your obligations to your customers
- When is the first baptism recorded?
- How can I buy gold from PayTM
- Who is India's First Whistleblower
- Why do so many flags have colors
- Is there an equivalent to IRC today
- Is gelatin vegan
- How do I do MS in America
- Are charcoal toothbrushes harmful to health
- What are masterful skills
- How many isotopes does hafnium have
- How do I build thick monster forearms
- How do you rate WordPress
- How do I write a manual
- What is the UCLA slogan
- How can I learn Cadance faster
- How do successful people read effectively
- What is the purpose of robotics
- What are the disadvantages of cryptography
- What are the four IP network elements
- Who is John Lennon 4
- How do you accept their own imperfections