How do I choose a great acupuncturist
Interview with Ursula Spörri, Midwife at the Hirslanden Clinic
Ursula Spörri has been working as a midwife for 30 years and has been with the Hirslanden Clinic for 24 years. In 1995 she trained as a certified acupuncture therapist SBO-TCM. In this interview she tells more about acupuncture treatment.
Why did you start acupuncture?
After completing my midwifery training, I wanted to face a new challenge. When I started at the Hirslanden Clinic in 1995, I met a colleague who opened the door to acupuncture for me.
How long have you been practicing acupuncture?
Shortly after completing my training, I ran a private practice in Uster alongside my job as a midwife. In the beginning I mainly treated patients with sports injuries and post-operative ailments.
With massages, gua sha, cupping, moxibustion and electro-stimulated needles, I became more and more immersed in Chinese medicine. After several further training courses and through my job, I finally concentrated more and more on obstetrics.
What are your goals?
My goal is to create an open and pleasant atmosphere for pregnant women, to alleviate symptoms, but also to address concerns. I think that acupuncture is wonderfully suitable during pregnancy, during childbirth and also in the puerperium. Pregnant women can often only be treated to a limited extent for complaints such as back pain, nausea, edema, but also for flu-like infections. This is where Chinese medicine finds optimal methods for relief and healing support. To give courage and confidence to women is a very important need for me.
How does acupuncture treatment work?For which complaints is acupuncture suitable?
The women register with me for a treatment that lasts about 60 minutes. I would like to create a holistic picture for myself through a thorough anamnesis. It's getting to know each other. In this way it is possible for me to grasp the energies of my counterpart. If symptoms such as edema or nausea are in the foreground, nutrition tips and targeted massages are helpful.
For antenatal treatment, I choose important meridian systems so that the blood flows into the uterus and the cervix matures. Special attention is paid to the balance of body and mind. In this way, inner confidence and calm return and enable the mother-to-be to let go.
Who is acupuncture not suitable for?
Acupuncture treatment has certain limits, for example in the case of premature birth and bleeding during pregnancy as well as in the case of certain diseases, it can only be used as a support. As already mentioned, the combination of conventional medicine and TCM is wonderful.
When is the best time to do this?How do I register?
If the pregnancy is going well, 3 to 4 sessions are recommended from the 36th week of pregnancy. If there are any complaints, I work closely with the gynecologist. Appointments are made directly with the acupuncture consultation.
- What does 4 freedoms mean
- What is soft and hard polytheism
- How many MPs are there in Karnataka?
- Is immunotherapy painful
- How is the sulfur chloride formula determined
- Which chord is DC and E.
- How can I learn Cadance faster
- What is unique about your thoughts
- How geniuses spend their typical day
- How good is the Galaxy A7 2017
- Who are Allah's parents
- How secure with WinRAR encryption
- What are some alternative treatments to psychoanalysis
- A credit card is required for PayPal
- Are Italians racist against Spaniards
- Should I buy Shell gasoline
- Is smoking allowed in Oman
- What is a Dod security check
- Corporate blogs actually help businesses
- Why are films like Udaan always underestimated?
- Who are Rastas
- What is synonymous with groundbreaking
- What's worse than a mortal sin
- How is dating an entrepreneur
- Is the identity of Anonymous necessary in today's world
- American banks give interest
- Is the nation-state theory inherently racist
- What are the best walks in Kauai
- How do IT staff develop high-quality software
- What is a legal agreement
- How durable is MongoDB
- Is voluntary surrender better than withdrawal
- What is fusion DNA polymerase
- What is ILOC irrevocable letter of credit