What are some names for auditory illusions
Acoustic illusions - and what do you hear?
Do you know the Shepard tone? That is the eternally falling or rising tone, or more precisely: the illusion (acoustic illusion) of an infinitely rising or falling scale that never ends ...! Ultimately, it is about the soft superposition of several sine waves, more on that later in the video.
One thing is certain: the brain and its ears can be tricked. Even what we see influences what we hear - and vice versa! The following video introduces you to these and other acoustic illusions:
Ascending or descending tone sequence?
I find the Tritone Paradox from minute 1:15 interesting, which says that the listeners give different answers to the sound examples presented. The following are my answers:
# 1: Descending
# 2: Descending
# 3: Descending
# 4: Descending
Ultimately, both answers are correct, since both a high and a low frequency are mixed in the individual tones and the brain subjectively perceives one of the two more strongly ... But I still thought that in my perception at least once Ascending would have been there, but well! What do you hear?
> How old are your ears? <<
Sound & Recording 01/16 - Studio headphones special
Get the big SOUND & RECORDING special on studio headphones free of charge. We have a total of 15 current studio headphones compared to each other. We'll also show you some Headphone amps for your applications are best. Do you still know that Dummy head? He delivers 3D audio in stereo image, Of course only with headphones. We accompany a music production that is recorded with the almost forgotten microphone. You can see what makes it so special in the SOUND & RECORDING issue 16/01 read up.
>> Order the SOUND & RECORDING issue 16/01 free of shipping costs here <<
You might be interested in that too
- How fast is Square Cash 1
- How to use this app 1
- How to root vivo Y51L
- What is technical drawing and types
- What is the name of a male duck
- How can I sue a network operator
- What are the dyes for Vitiligo patches
- What is Amazon AWS Kinesis
- How does a planned economy work
- Why do people kill vampires
- Why is Kilauea famous
- Why is the Dent token falling
- What's the best Uber car
- Is Django stable
- What is the wavelength of the color white
- What kind of people would extraterrestrials find attractive?
- What are some natural remedies for fatigue
- Why are they helping the union
- When does human life begin?
- How attractive are Caltech girls
- Why is the ISS important
- How proline is detected in paper chromatography
- Can cryptocurrencies eliminate corruption and black money
- What's fun about Glitch