What is the qualification for recruiting VMMC
Catatonia in Nodding syndrome and lorazepam treatment
In this pilot study, the researchers examined a suitable sample of children and adolescents with Nodding syndrome (NS) for catatonic symptoms according to standardized criteria. The researchers also tested whether oral lorazepam (LZP) was given to those qualified for pediatric catatonia would relieve symptoms. This was a cross-sectional descriptive study of catatonia in NS patients in northern Uganda and an exploratory study of one or two doses of lorazepam as a catatonia test.
All children with confirmed NS who had 2 or more symptoms of catatonia were recruited for the catatonia test with oral Lorazepam EG® (n.v. Eurogenerics, see also Brussels, Belgium) using the 1 mg formulation tablets. A catatonia test has been suggested using lorazepam (LZP) as the drug of choice because this is the drug that has so far been used most commonly in pediatric catatonia.
The amount of drug administered was based on the child's weight. The lower dose (0.5 mg) is used as the starting dose for patients with & lt; 30 kg body weight, while the higher dose (1 mg) is used as the starting dose for patients with & gt; 30 kg body weight.
A positive reaction to a catatonia test was a reduction in catatonic symptoms by at least 50% 30 or 60 minutes later. Positive responses were previously documented by video material and after administration of LZP.
If no response to the initial dose of LZP was observed after one hour, one second, the administration of the same drug in double dose was given. Catatonia was assessed again 30 and 60 minutes thereafter. If no reaction was observed, the test was considered negative.
- Should books have a little romance
- Is Russian useful
- Why are photos expensive
- How do you avoid a dry conversation
- How long does the gynecomastia last
- How is shiny leather made
- What do you think is a good waste of time
- Why do people call me naive
- Where does the lambada come from?
- What do artists do for a living?
- How would you promote CPA sweepstakes offers
- Why do some people speak Spanish?
- How can you describe gravity
- Is Jio Prime a good plan
- What is the RealReal
- What category of visa can my husband apply for?
- What do you know about fear
- When should someone get psychiatric help?
- When should skepticism be seen as too much?
- What does publicly mean?
- How can we design electronic circuits
- Why did Buddha meditate
- What exactly is the Milankovitch cycle
- How is a string represented by Java